Woman Turns Bright Purple After Washing Hair Dye Out In The Shower
Whether it's cutting our own fringe or attempting to give ourselves highlights, most of us have had a major hair blunder in our younger years - it's basically a rite of passage.
The 18-year-old, from Limerick in Ireland, explained how with the help of her sister Alana, 23, she applied two bottles of purple hair dye to her brown locks.
But when it came to washing the colour out, Ava made a crucial mistake - she decided to rinse it out in the shower.
And the results did *not* go as planned, with Ava actually managing to cover her entire body with permanent purple hair dye.
She told Tyla: "It was my first time dying my hair and I thought it'd be a great idea to use two bottles of dye because my hair hadn't been lightened and I still really wanted it to come out.
"So my sister, Alana, helped me apply the dye all over and I hopped into the shower, thinking I would be fine washing it out in there, instead of throwing my head forward over the bath.
"So I'm standing up washing it out and the dye started leaking everywhere. I did start to panic, but thought this must happen to everyone. Then it started to get worse and I realised I had really messed up!"
More Like ThisMore Like This
Ava explained the purple hair dye wouldn't budge and to remove it, she had to scrub for hours using baking soda and soap - which still didn't remove it all.
"I started calling Alana to help me and the second I opened the door she fell down laughing!
"I was still panicking and said 'don't tell mam!' - but she heard me so she came in and pretty much just burst out laughing like Alana had.
"It was ridiculous, I had to scrub my whole body with baking soda and soap for hours. When I went to school the next day people were asking me why there was dye on my forehead and neck I was SO embarrassed."
To document the hilarious blunder, sister Alana decided to take some photos, which she posted as a throwback on Twitter last month.
"Five years ago Ava tried to dye her hair purple and when she washed the dye out, she didn't realise that you're not meant to do it in the shower and she ended up dying herself and the bathroom pink hahahahaha," she wrote.
The post went viral, racking up over 360,000 likes and nearly 40,000 shares. Certainly seems like many social media users can relate!
Fair play to Ava for putting on such a brave face, we've lost count of the number of hair 'mares we've had over the years...
Featured Image Credit: Alana O'Keefe/CONTENTbible
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read