People Are Making Lotus Biscoff Lasagne And It Looks Insane
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: Instagram/ @wallaabueid
We don't know about you, but we're obsessed with Lotus Biscoff.
But now, we have uncovered the Crème de la Crème of Biscoff recipes: Lotus Biscoff Lasagne. You can watch a video below:
Before you stop us in our tracks, we should clarify we're not talking about a savoury pasta dish, here - oh, no - this is a dessert.
Kinda like a tiramisu - but Biscoff style - it's essentially layers upon layers of the tasty caramelised biscuit topped with whipped thickened cream, Biscoff spread and vanilla. Mmmm.
The recipe was first dreamed up by Sydney-based foodie Walla Abu-Eid, 30, but has now been copied by many Biscoff addicts around the world.
"I need this in my life," one of Walla's followers wrote as she shared the post online.
While another gushed: "I can't wait to try this. Droolworthy!"
Speaking exclusively to Tyla, Walla said: "Last year I put together a dessert called the Nutella lasagne which was so delicious. With my recent obsession with Biscoff, I had to make a variation and the Biscoff lasagne was born!
"I made it for the first time on Instagram live where so many people made it along with me, and it has been an absolute hit since then!
"It is the perfect refreshing dessert layered with Biscoff deliciousness!"
Want to try Walla's Biscoff lasagne for yourself? Follow the video above or use this recipe:
- 3-4 packets Biscoff biscuits (depends on tray size)
- 600ml thickened cream
- Dash of vanilla
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Half a jar Biscoff spread.
- Place cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whip till soft peaks form
- Melt Biscoff spread in the microwave until saucy, - layer biscuits at the base of tray
- Place a layer of cream over the biscuits, then drizzle Biscoff spread on top
- Repeat steps till you achieve the amount of layers you desire with the final layer being cream
- Place some Biscoff spread in a piping bag and pipe lines on top of cream. Use a skewer to create a pattern (pushing those lines up then down).
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, and enjoy!!