Secret Hack Lets You Turn Alexa Into Santa Claus
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: Alamy
You may have already decked the halls, but why not make your home a little bit more festive this season by transforming Alexa into Santa Claus – yes, you read that right.
Not only can you interact with Santa Claus through your device, but you can even ask Alexa where Santa is on his present delivery route or get her to sing you a Christmas song.
So, how does it work?
To communicate with Santa Claus through your Alexa, all you have to do is say: "Alexa, enable 'Hey, Santa.'"
Before you know it, you can have Father Christmas telling stories, cracking jokes, and singing songs for your home.
Ahead of his collaboration with Alexa, Santa has also teamed up with some very special friends to bring users the ultimate Christmas experience.
For a concert in your kitchen, try saying telling him: "Hey Santa, sing your duet with Meghan Trainor" to hear Old Saint Nick perform an exclusive song with the award-winning singer-songwriter!
Santa Claus has also teamed up with the sight-loss charity Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) have some special messages read out.
Simply say: “Alexa, read my RNIB Letter from Santa” to hear Father Christmas' to hear!
Here are some other phrases to try out on your Alexa after enabling "Hey, Santa."
- “Hey Santa, sing We Wish You a Merry Christmas.”
- “Hey Santa, sing the 12 Days of Christmas.”
- “Hey Santa, sing Deck the Halls.”
- “Hey Santa, tell me a story.”
- “Hey Santa, tell me the North Pole news.”
- “Hey Santa, tell me about your reindeer.”
- “Hey Santa, can you laugh?”
- “Hey Santa, what is your favourite food?”
- “Hey Santa, merry Christmas”
- “Hey Santa, let’s dance.”
- “Hey Santa, tell me a joke.”
- “Hey Santa, let’s play a game.”
- “Hey Santa, give me advice.”
Not only is Santa bringing the Christmas spirit to your home this holiday season, but Alexa has some new festive phrases of her own.
Keep the family entertained on Christmas Eve by asking: "Alexa, where is Santa?", or have a laugh with friends by asking questions like: "Alexa, do you like my Christmas jumper?" and "Alexa, am I on the nice list?"
Use your Alexa app to organise a Christmas countdown in your household, which will tell you how many days until Christmas, turn on your Christmas lights (with a smart plug), and play some festive songs.
If you start to feel overwhelmed on the big day and need an assistant, Alexa is there to lend a helping hand. Simply ask: "Alexa, how do you make mulled wine?" or "Alexa, how do you make gingerbread?" and you'll suddenly have a sous-chef by your side.
Here are some other questions to ask Alexa this Christmas.
- “Alexa, where is Santa?”
- “Alexa, sing a Christmas song.”
- “Alexa, tell me a Christmas joke.”
- "Alexa, how many days until Christmas?"
- “Alexa, do you like my Christmas jumper?”
- “Alexa, do you like my Christmas tree?”
- "Alexa, add roast potatoes to my shopping list."
- "Alexa, am I on the nice list?"
- "Alexa, will it snow on Christmas Day?"
- "Alexa, wake me up at 7 a.m. to Jingle Bells."
- "Alexa, tell me a Christmas story."
- “Alexa, how fast does Santa’s sleigh go?”
- “Alexa, what is Santa’s address?”
- "Alexa, what's the best Christmas movie?"
- "Alexa, what do you want for Christmas?"