Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Finally Present Their Baby Boy To The World
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have finally presented their little boy to the world.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, whose first child arrived in the early hours of Monday morning, took part in a photo call at St. George's Hall, Windsor Castle this afternoon where Meghan described their new arrival as 'magic'.
'It's magic, its pretty amazing,' the 37-year-old gushed. 'He has the sweetest temperament, he's really calm, it's been a special couple of days.'
The former Suits actress added: 'I have the two best guys in the world so I'm really happy. He has the sweetest temperament, he's really calm,' prompting her husband to joke: 'I wonder where he gets that from!'
The proud couple also admitted they hadn't 'worked out' which parent Baby Sussex takes after.
'Everyone says that babies change so much over two weeks,' said Harry. '[So] we're basically monitoring how the changing process happens over this next month really. But his looks are changing every single day, so who knows.'
Harry added: 'It's great. Parenting is amazing. It's only been two and a half days, three days, but we're just so thrilled to have our own little bundle of joy.'
View this post on Instagram
Today The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are delighted to share their first public moment as a family. They are so incredibly grateful for the warm wishes and support they've received from everyone around the world, since welcoming their son two days ago. Photo cred: Chris Allerton :copyright:Sussex royal
The Duke added that they were looking forward to spending some 'precious times with him as he slowly starts to grow up.'
The couple are now set to introduce the baby - who has not yet been officially named - to the wider royal family including the Queen.
Meghan's mum, Doria Ragland, was among the first to meet the baby after jetting in from Los Angeles, and the couple also 'bumped into' Prince Philip on their way to today's photo call.
Speaking on Monday, the couple said they were both "absolutely thrilled" by their new arrival after deciding to keep its gender a surprise until the birth.
A visibly excited Harry gave a short statement from the grounds of Windsor Castle on Monday in which he thanked the public for their support throughout the pregnancy.
He said at the time that he and Meghan were still thinking about names and planned to make an official announcement in due course.
The name Arthur had previously emerged as a favourite with odds of 12/1 as of Sunday, according to Ladbrokes bookmakers.
On Monday 6th May, Buckingham Palace confirmed that the royal had gone into labour in the early hours of the morning in a statement, announcing the baby's birth shortly afterwards.
It read: "The Duchess went into labour in the early hours of this morning. The Duke of Sussex was by Her Highnesses' side. An announcement will be made soon."
Royal-watchers have been waiting with baited breath for the first pictures of Baby Sussex; Kensington Palace announced in early April that Harry and Meghan, who recently moved into their new home at Frogmore House, had made the 'personal decision' to stay out of the public eye for the first few days of their child's life.
A spokesperson for the couple said at the time: "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very grateful for the goodwill they have received from people throughout the United Kingdom and around the world as they prepare to welcome their baby.
"Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private.
"The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family."
This has been considered a break from tradition, as royal babies are usually welcomed with a photo call hours after their birth, as with Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis who were photographed on the steps of the Lindo Wing.
Congratulations, Meghan and Harry!
Featured Image Credit: Sky News
Topics: Celebrity News