Man Shows How To Make Perfect McNuggets At Home
Some fast foodies are even getting creative and trying to recreate the full Maccas experience at home, from setting up pretend Drive-Thrus to putting their own spin on the signature Big Mac sauce.
Now nugget addicts can rejoice, because a TikTok user has made a video tutorial of how to make the coveted McNuggets at home - and it's been viewed more than 27 million times.
Joshuah Nishi, who shares recipes under 'NishCooks' on TikTok, has given us a gift in the form of his not-so-secret recipe for the ultimate golden-fried nugget.
You can watch the full video here:
Want to get involved? (Why wouldn't you?)
The key to creating perfect nugs, it seems, is a wet and dry mix for frying.
Along with your chicken, you'll need a bunch of ingredients that you may well have in your cupboard already.
Chicken breast meat
For the batter mix
More Like ThisMore Like This
1. To start, dice the chicken, season with salt and pepper and blend in batches. You can use the pulse function on a blender, or a grinder.
2. Shape your nuggets and freeze for two hours. According to Joshuah, "the key to shaping your nuggets is to keep your hands wet so the mix doesn't stick to you".
3. Create your wet and dry mixes by blending the ingredients listed above.
4. Once your nugs are fully frozen, take them out and dip them into the batter mixes, alternating between dry-wet-dry-wet. That's four coats in total.
5. Heat your oil in a frying pan until bubbling and fry your nuggets for two minutes on each side.
6. There you have it, the perfect at-home McNugget. We'll be eating ours with skinny fries and might even try to source a sachet of ketchup for the full immersive experience. Yaaaas!
Oh, and did we mention that Maccy D's now offer a PDF of its official Happy Meal box so kids (and adults, of course) can mimic the iconic meal?
All you need to do to download the box is head over to the McDonald's Family Hub, print, cut out and fold as instructed.
Happy cooking, nugget-lovers!
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read