To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Warning: This article contains content that may be triggering for some readers
An old newspaper report, accusing Sex And The City actor Chris Noth of assaulting his ex girlfriend Beverly Johnson, has resurfaced online following fresh reports of sexual assault which emerged on Thursday night.
Noth - who played Mr Big in the show and recently appeared in reboot And Just Like That - has been accused this week of assault by two separate women.
Since the allegations emerged, a historic newspaper clipping has been shared online, which reports that Noth was accused of assaulting ex girlfriend Beverly when they were together back in the 1990s.
According to the publication, the pair dated between the years of 1988 and 1993. The article, which quotes a source, alleges that Noth assaulted Beverly in 1991, after the pair had returned from a party in New York.
It goes on to say that the abuse continued until 1993, when Beverly is said to have ended the relationship.
The source claimed that Noth 'threatened to kill [Beverly]' and 'even threatened to kill [her] dog'. The source continued to claim that in December 1994, Noth 'broke into Beverly's home and beat her'.
It's reported that Beverly ended up filing for a restraining order against Noth.
Tyla has contacted Noth's rep for further comment.
This week, two women - Zoe, now 40, and Lily, now 31 - allege that they were sexually assaulted by Noth in Los Angeles in 2004 and in New York in 2015, respectively. He denies the claims.
Zoe told The Hollywood Reporter that she was raped by Noth in 2004, after she and her friend had visited a pool within Noth's apartment building. She told the publication how, after returning a book Noth had lent her that day, he allegedly "pulled off her shorts and bikini bottom, and began to rape her from behind".
In a separate incident alleged to have taken place in 2015, Lily, who was 25 at the time while Noth was 60 - said she had been out to dinner with Noth when, back at his apartment, he "thrust his penis into her mouth" before "having sex with me from the back in a chair. We were in front of a mirror. I was kind of crying as it happened.”
Noth has denied the allegations. In a statement, he said: “The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false.
"These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual.
"It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women.”
If you have been affected by any of the discussion in this article, you can contact The Survivor's Trust here.
Featured Image Credit: Alamy
Topics: TV And Film
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read