| Last updated
If the first lockdown taught us anything, it's that we love to bake while we're stuck indoors all day. From banana bread, to sourdough and anything relating to Biscoff, we've really flexed our baking skills this year.
Which is why during Lockdown Part 2, we're going to bring you a different bake to try each week. Each recipe is mega easy to recreate and uses just a few simple ingredients - but most importantly - all of them are totally delicious.
Thanks to Eloise Head (aka @fitwafflekitchen on Instagram), this week we're bringing you white chocolate orange blondies.
Of course, if white chocolate isn't your thing, you can make an equally delicious recipe using milk chocolate orange segments instead.
You can check out a video below:
Eloise has shared her recipe with Tyla - and it couldn't be easier. Check it out below...
170g unsalted butter, softened
165g light brown sugar
100g granulated sugar
1 large egg and 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
215g plain flour
24 white chocolate orange segments (plus extra chocolate orange mini segments for topping)
1. Add the butter, light brown sugar and granulated sugar into a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk together before adding the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
3. Whisk these together also, before mixing in the plain flour.
4. Spread half of the mixture out into a lined 8x8" baking tray, before adding a layer of white chocolate orange segments.
5. Top with the rest of the mix and bake in the oven for around 20 minutes, before adding an extra layer of segments while it's still warm.
Eloise explains: "Don't over cook the blondies, they will still be wobbly in the middle when they come out the oven. Let them cool fully in the tray. I actually left mine in the tray overnight."
Happy lockdown baking guys!
Featured Image Credit: Eloise Head/Fit Waffle Kitchen
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read