| Last updated
What's better than homemade cookies during lockdown? We'll tell you what, two giant homemade cookies, sandwiched between a thick and indulgent filling of Nutella or Biscoff spread and loaded with chunks of your favourite chocolate.
In other words, meet this week's Lockdown Bake - aka the Gooey Chocolate Cookie Pie.
There's nothing quite like a comforting homemade pie during the cold winter months, especially when it's loaded with chocolate. And the chocolate cookie pie couldn't be easier to make, either. As long as you have access to the chocolate aisle at the supermarket and you can make a basic chocolate chip cookie then you're good to go.
The best bit is you can adapt this recipe to include whatever you fancy. Simply follow the basic ingredients and method, and substitute in your favourite spread, chocolate or topping. You will need a deep dish, so make sure you have one before you begin!
250g salted butter
3 egg yolks
400g all purpose flour
Pinch of baking soda
Spread of choice for filling - Nutella, Biscoff, white chocolate, Crunchie
Chocolate for filling - try Kinder, Smarties, M&Ms, Oreos, Daim, Creme Egg
Topping - whatever chocolate you fancy plus chocolate, butterscotch or caramel sauce for drizzling!
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/Fan170C/Gas 5 and grease your baking dish.
2. Mix or whisk together the salted butter, sugar, and egg yolks in a bowl.
3. Add the vanilla extract before sifting in the flour and baking soda.
4. Add in your chocolate chunks of choice and mix together.
5. Take half of your cookie dough and press it into the baking dish, to form the bottom layer of the pie.
6. On top of the cookie dough base, add your spread of choice, before pressing in chunks of your chosen chocolate on top.
7. Next, create your top layer, pressing the cookie dough down on top of the filling.
8. Smooth out with a spoon before baking in the oven for 20 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the pie as you want that mega gooey consistency!
9. Once it's completely cooled, add your topping of choice!
Just check out some of these for inspiration...
Featured Image Credit: @forgoodnesscake_rugby/@makes_by_megs
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read