Is there anything better than Creme Egg brownies?
With all the Easter treats popping up on the shelves, it's the ideal time to get stuck into some baking.
And with the Easter weekend just around the corner, people have been making Creme Egg brownies - and they look delicious. The mouthwatering snack consists of gooey chocolate brownies, loaded with Creme Eggs. And they're so easy to make.
So how can you create them at home?
We've popped a handy recipe below...
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 300g caster sugar
- Chopped (small) milk and white chocolate
- Creme Eggs, chopped in half
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5 before lining a baking tin.
- Melt the butter, before adding in the sugar and chocolate. Stir until melted, before beating in the eggs, flour and cocoa powder.
- Add the chocolate chunks and pour the mixture into the tin before baking for around half an hour.
- Halfway through, place the halved Creme Eggs on top of the brownie and pop back in the oven.
- Make sure you don't overcook your brownies, as you still want them to have that gooey texture.
- Allow to cool before slicing and devouring!
In other Easter baking news, we recently told you how to make Mini Egg rocky roads.
The classic rocky roads are filled with mouthwatering chunks of Mini Eggs, and the best part is they're so easy to make.
First up, you'll need to take at least two big bars of milk chocolate - or better still, opt for the Mini Egg chocolate bars - before breaking into cubes and melting.
Next, add Mini Eggs, mini Creme Eggs, mini marshmallows - and any other treats you fancy, such as cornflakes or crushed biscuit - into a bowl and mix them together.
Pour over your melted chocolate and stir again until the mixture and the choccy is evenly combined.
Next up, transfer the mixture into a lined tin, before topping with extra Mini Eggs and any other toppings you fancy.
Allow to set in the fridge for a couple of hours before cutting into slices.
Now we just have to decide which recipe to make first...