People Are Making Creme Egg Scotch Eggs
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: Alamy/TikTok/@luxecirencester
And these aren't just snacks - you can use both of these to bake some delicious Easter treats for you and your friends or family.
One recent bake that is quickly spreading around TikTok is the Creme Egg scotch egg (yes, you read that right).
And can certainly see why... they do look totally delish.
So how can you make these at home?
- Creme Eggs
- Brownies (homemade or store bought is fine)
- Chocolate sprinkles and/or anything else you'd like for topping (e.g. honeycomb pieces, caramel or edible glitter)
- Break up the brownies into a large mixing bowl.
- Unwrap a Creme Egg and begin moulding the brownie mixture around the egg. It should be pretty thick (around 1cm will be just fine).
- Once it resembles an egg shape, pop it in the fridge or the freezer until it's firm. Half and hour will usually do the trick.
- While the eggs are in the fridge/freezer, pour your chosen topping(s) into a bowl.
- Now, remove the eggs from the fridge/freezer and roll each one in the toppings until it is fully coated.
- Pop the eggs back into the fridge until you are ready to eat them!
While store-bought brownies will work fine, you can also choose to make your own brownies prior to starting the recipe.
For this you'll need:
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 300g caster sugar
- Small, or chopped, milk and white chocolate
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5 and grease a baking tin
- First melt the butter.
- Once the butter is melted add in the sugar and dark chocolate, stirring until melted.
- Now, beat in the eggs, flour and cocoa powder.
- Add the milk and white chocolate and pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for around half an hour. Make sure you don't overcook your brownies, as you still want them to have that gooey texture.
Don't fancy Creme Eggs? You can make this recipe with any kind of chocolate egg from Oreo Eggs to Caramel Eggs. And with so many options for decorations, you can make a whole batch of different chocolate scotch eggs this weekend.
Just be sure to post pictures of your delicious creations and watch the jealous comments roll in...