People Are Making Lasagne Toasties And They Look Delicious
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: TikTok @foodmadesimple
It’s no exaggeration to say that our lives would not be complete without lasagne and cheese toasties.
So putting them both together into one deliciously cheesy snack? Well, it just makes sense.
Check out the video below:
Picture this: perfectly toasted bread, melted garlic butter, hearty bolognese and stretchy, melt-in-the-mouth cheese - all sandwiched together in one perfect lasagne toastie. Divine.
This trend has been cropping up everywhere on TikTok, with some creators on the platform racking up likes on their rule-defying recipe in their thousands.
So if you’re sold on the idea of this pasta-turned-toastie alternative, here’s how to make them, according to @foodmadesimple:
Lasagne Toastie Recipe:
- 4 slices of bread (choose white or brown, or try tiger loaf if you’re feeling boujee)
- Garlic butter (if you don’t have ready-made garlic butter to hand, simply mix butter with finely chopped garlic and parsley)
- Three sheets of cooked lasagne
- Three slices of mozzarella (or enough shredded mozzarella to cover three slices of bread)
- Approximately six tablespoons of bolognese sauce (can be shop-bought or home-made)
If you’re vegan, why not try replacing the cheese with dairy-free alternatives and vegetable bolognese sauce.
And if you’re gluten-free, simply replace the bread and pasta sheets with a gluten-free alternative.
- Lightly toast your bread - this will help prevent your toastie from getting soggy while you load it with fillings.
- Spread your first slice of bread with garlic butter
- Top with one sheet of cooked lasagne
- Add approximately two tablespoons of your bolognese sauce
- Add one slice of mozzarella (or enough shredded cheese to cover the sauce)
- Repeat the above steps twice for the next two slices of bread & lasagne - stacking it on top of one another like a club sandwich
- Add your final slice of bread with the last of your garlic butter
- Place your lasagne toastie stack into a toastie machine or air-fryer (whichever you like)
Topics: Food and Drink, Vegan, Lockdown Bakes