Woman Shares Genius Hack To Cook Poached Eggs In The Oven
Nothing beats a couple of perfectly poached eggs on toast to kick start the day - but for the life of us, we've never managed to nail the cooking technique.
From swirling the hot water to suggestions of adding vinegar, the process has always seemed like a right faff.
We know what you're thinking. Poached eggs? In the oven? The idea sounds a little... overbaked.
But trust us, Jax's method results in oh-so-perfect eggs - neatly formed, with a runny ooze of yellow yolk at the centre.
Plus, you don't have to keep one eye on a boiling pot of water, which frees up your time to butter toast, smash avo, and generally do whatever the hell you want with your morning.
To make Jax's 'easy peasy poached eggs', you will need:
- A muffin tray
- Oil spray to grease
More Like ThisMore Like This
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Give the muffin tin compartments a spritz of oil to grease
- Add 1 centimetre of water to each compartment before cracking in an egg
- Pop the eggs in the oven and leave to cook until the egg whites are perfectly cooked and the yolks are runny (around 8-10 minutes
- Remove the egg with a slotted spoon to get rid of excess water
Now all that's left to do is serve your eggs with hot buttered toast, smoked salmon, or whatever you have a hankering for. Mmm!
The added beauty of poaching eggs in a muffin tin is that you have the easy option of making 12 all at once if you have guests staying.
Goodbye to sweating over boiling water as you try (and, let's face it, fail) to master the traditional, conveyor-belt style of poached egg making.
Jax, we salute you!
Featured Image Credit: Unsplash
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read