People Are Making Cinnamon Rolls In A Mug And Our Minds Are Blown
We have the cosiest dessert recipe and you won't believe how easy it is to make. Enter the cinnamon roll in a mug! All you need is seven ingredients and it takes less than 60 seconds in the microwave.
It's the ultimate winter warmer, made with a soft dough, a super sweet cinnamon centre and topped with a mouthwatering icing glaze.
And thanks to Eloise Head (aka FitWaffle Kitchen) - who shared her incredible recipe with Tyla - you can whip it up yourself in just minutes. Check out a video of Eloise making the roll below:
All you need is seven ingredients (Eloise's dough recipe is made from just flour and yoghurt, so it couldn't be simpler):
For the dough
50g self raising flour
60g Greek yoghurt
10g butter, melted
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp powdered sugar
2 tsp milk
More Like ThisMore Like This
1. Mix the Greek yoghurt and the self raising flour in a bowl until it forms a doughy texture.
2. Sprinkle some extra flour onto a clean surface before rolling the dough into a rectangle (this doesn't have to be perfect FYI!)
3. Next, mix the melted butter, sugar and cinnamon together in a little bowl before spreading onto the pastry.
4. Roll up the pastry loosely - again, this doesn't have to be perfect. It helps to fold the sides inwards before rolling.
5. Place the roll in a microwaveable mug and heat on full power for just under a minute.
6. Mix the milk (you can also use water) and icing sugar together.
7. Once the roll is out of the microwave, top with extra sugar, cinnamon, drizzle with icing and voila! Now it's ready to eat...
Be careful not to overcook the roll, as this can result in a chewy dough.
The cinnamon roll in a mug is certainly popular right now. In fact, we've noticed heaps of other foodies on Instagram and TikTok whipping up the mega easy pastry.
Check these out...
If you need us, we'll be in the kitchen!
Featured Image Credit: Unsplash
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read