People Are Making Whipped Espresso Martinis
This is something that we didn't think was possible, but the espresso martini has had a glow up.
Plus, the cocktail creation has been given an extra kick with a shot of Courvoisier VSOP (that stands for Very Superior Old Pale, FYI).
You can even personalise the drink with a flavoured syrup of your choice, like vanilla, caramel or butterscotch.
Anyone else resembling the drool emoji RN?
The recipe was first shared by bartending 'tini queen Lucy Morton, who goes by @LadyLoco on Insta.
Cocktail enthusiast Lucy describes the drink as "somewhere between a milk punch and an espresso martini" and has dubbed it The Dalgona Martini.
Want to try your hand at creating the divine coffee-themed hybrid?
You will need:
- 2tbsp Instant coffee
- 2tbsp Caster Sugar
- 2tbsp Hot Water
- 50ml Milk (dairy, oat, soy and almond work well!)
- 50ml Courvoisier VSOP
- 25ml Vanilla/Caramel/Butterscotch syrup OR 12.5ml Vanilla Essence and 12.5ml Sugar Syrup
- A whisk
- Cocktail shaker / protein shaker
1. Whisk together the coffee, sugar and hot water until light brown. The mixture should holds stiff peaks.
2. To your cocktail shaker, add vanilla syrup or essence mix, milk and Courvoisier VSOP, shake up together with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass.
More Like ThisMore Like This
3. Spoon over Dalgona mixture and top with coffee or cocoa powder.
We've spotted a few whipped martini alternatives to Lucy's Courvoisier recipe floating onto our IG feeds, too.
How about the decadent offering above, which gives the Dalgona coffee a frothy white-Russian-meets-espresso-martini spin?
Mmm, we're sold.
Or this delicious-looking, two-toned Dalgona martini, served in a tall glass?
The maker reveals that the cocktail is a creation of 4 tbsp instant coffee, 3tbsp sugar, 2tbsp vodka, 2tbsp khalua.
Simply whip until cloudy and then serve over iced raw milk. Lush!
Finally, these dessert-like beauties are giving us serious cravings.
The drink climbs aboard the Dalgona martini bandwagon - and brings Patron's espresso tequila along for the ride.
Apparently, the cocktail is a whipped concoction of Alpro milk, Nescafé Instant Coffee - and Patron's espresso tequila for that extra kick, of course.
NGL, just reading these recipes has us buzzed.
Featured Image Credit: Courvoisier / Lucy Morton
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read