If you're looking to do some Christmas baking this weekend, then look no further than the puff pastry chocolate Christmas tree - a buttery pastry dessert filled with lashings of chocolate spread.
It's festive, delicious and it'll seriously impress your guests. Plus, it's mega easy and bakes in just 15 minutes.
So how do you make it? We've popped a handy recipe below so you can create it yourself at home.
- Two sheets of puff pastry
- Nutella or another chocolate spread of choice
- One egg
- Icing sugar
- Any extra chocolate, fruit or other sweet treats to decorate with
- Preheat your oven to 200°C or Gas Mark 6.
- Roll out one of your puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface.
- Pop the pastry rectangle on a baking tray and cover in Nutella, or an alternative chocolate spread.
- Roll out the second pastry sheet and place on top.
- Lightly cut the shape of a Christmas tree (with a trunk) into the puff pastry and remove the excess. If you have extra leftover, cut out the shape of a star to place on top!
- Next, cut branches into the tree. Once finished, start at the top and twist each branch to create a 'swirl' effect.
- Place the star on top before brushing the entire tree with egg.
- Bake for around 15 minutes before allowing to cool. Once cooled, dust with icing sugar and add any extra toppings you fancy!
Need some inspo'? Check out these examples below...
If you're looking for another festive recipe, why not try chocolate orange hot chocolate truffles?
We first came across the recipe from foodie guru @fitwafflekitchen, who shared the idea on her Instagram page.
To make the delicious truffles, all you'll need is two Terry's Chocolate Oranges and some double cream.
You can find the full recipe here.