tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Amanda Abbington's fiancé shared cryptic message just hours before she quit Strictly
Home>Entertainment>TV & Film
Published 10:00 24 Oct 2023 GMT+1

Amanda Abbington's fiancé shared cryptic message just hours before she quit Strictly

Her fiancé shared a puzzling message on Instagram, just before it was announced that she was leaving the show.

Mia Williams

Mia Williams

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Instagram/@jonathangoodwinofficial / PA

Topics: Strictly Come Dancing, BBC

Mia Williams
Mia Williams

Advert

Advert

Advert

Just hours before the bombshell news was announced that Amanda Abbington has quit Strictly, her fiancé shared a cryptic message on Instagram.

It was announced yesterday that Abbington had withdrawn from Strictly Come Dancing, leaving her professional partner, Giovanni Pernice dancing solo in the ballroom.

On Saturday night, presenters Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly announced that she would not appear on Saturday night’s show, but ‘would return all being well next weekend’.

Advert

However on Monday night, Fleur East announced on It Takes Two, a side-show to Strictly, that she would no longer be returning to the competition.

In a statement, a spokesperson of the show said: “Amanda Abbington is unable to continue in Strictly Come Dancing and has decided to withdraw from the competition.

“The show wishes her all the best for the future.”

“The show wishes her all the best for the future.”
BBC/Strictly Come Dancing

It has been rumoured that the Mr Selfridge actor left the competition due to ‘setbacks’, and she posted this short statement to her Instagram story on Saturday morning: “People don't fake depression... They fake being okay. Remember that. Be kind."

She was previously dating her Sherlock co-star, Martin Freeman, but is now engaged to Jonathan Goodwin, who is paralysed from the waist down after an act that went wrong on America’s Got Talent.

After being friends on social media with Abbington for over 10 years, within the first 30 minutes of meeting her he proposed.

Talk about diving right in!

Well, amidst the Strictly drama, her husband-to-be shared an indirect message on his Instagram on Monday morning before Abbington's departure was announced.

Amanda Abbington's fiancé shared a cryptic Instagram post just hours before she withdrew from Strictly.
Instagram/@amanda_abbington74

Along with a selfie, the cryptic message said: “We can be so hard on ourselves...be our own worst critics... But before you judge yourself... make sure your mirror is clean.”

Another spanner in the works was a rumoured feud between the actor and her dancing partner, but they quickly shut down those rumours with Janette Manrara on It Takes Two.

She asked the pair: “It honestly looks like you two are having the best time in rehearsals, getting along like a house on fire in rehearsals right?"

Amanda replied: “Yeah we are, we are!

“We do and we laugh a lot, we have the same sense of humour which is really important. So we'll come out, work hard, and then we'll just laugh, won’t we."

Choose your content:

an hour ago
18 hours ago
  • TikTok/noahprice69
    an hour ago

    Venezuela Fury shares someone close to her has leaked private wedding photos

    Venezuela and Noah speak out after a frustrating online discovery

    Entertainment
  • Instagram/@samanthabusch
    an hour ago

    NASCAR driver Kyle Busch dies aged 41 after 'severe illness' as family issue heartbreaking statement

    The two-time NASCAR champion's representatives said they were 'heartbroken' and paid tribute to 'a giant of the sport'

    Entertainment
  • Instagram/@wesleeeandrews
    18 hours ago

    Katie Price says she's ‘giving up’ on search for ‘missing’ husband Lee Andrews in latest update

    Katie Price has issued another update about her 'missing' husband as the strange events continue

    Entertainment
  • Instagram/@khloekardashian
    18 hours ago

    The issues behind controversial 'declawing' cat procedure Khloé Kardashian regrets doing to her pets

    Khloé Kardashian has faced backlash for admitting she declawed both her cats, as a vet has spoken out about the 'unethical' procedure

    Entertainment
  • Emma Willis said to be new host of Strictly as co-host rumours fly
  • Vernon Kay issues emotional first message on Tess Daly split
  • Giovanni Pernice forced to cancel live show just hours after Amanda Abbington quits Strictly
  • Bobby Brazier praises Amanda Abbington over her decision to quit Strictly