tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Girlfriend of man who fell off cruise ship believes search for him was called off too soon
Home>News
Published 19:54 28 Apr 2023 GMT+1

Girlfriend of man who fell off cruise ship believes search for him was called off too soon

The search for Warwick Tollemache has been called off after he fell overboard on a cruse ship

Callum Jones

Callum Jones

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Facebook/@celine.laroche.5283/7News

Topics: News

Callum Jones
Callum Jones

Advert

Advert

Advert

The girlfriend of a man who fell off a cruise ship believes the search operation for him was called off too soon.

Warwick Tollemache, from Brisbane, Australia, fell overboard from the Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas ship while it was travelling through the Pacific Ocean on Wednesday evening (26 April).

Following the tragedy which happened around 870 miles south of Hawaii, a major air and sea search began in hope of finding the 35-year-old alive.

But after searching through the whole of Thursday (27 April) and for more than six hours on Friday (28 April), the search was called off, with the US Coast Guard making the 'difficult decision'.

Advert

Now, his long-time girlfriend Celina La Roche has paid tribute to Warwick, who she had been dating for six years.

Taking to Facebook, she wrote: "I love you, always have and always will. RIP my love."

Celina took to Facebook with a heartbreaking post.
Facebook/@celine.laroche.5283

In an interview with The Courier-Mail, she added: "They should have kept looking - I don't understand why they stopped the search. I'm just devastated.

"We were cruising in the South Pacific last month and I was going to move in with him. I was still hoping until I heard they'd stopped the search and now… he could still be alive in the middle of nowhere."

Celina said that she won't be able to find closure until her partner's body is found, but with each passing day, the hopes diminish further.

Unfortunately, the search for Warwick had become 'almost impossible' after large overnight swells made conditions difficult for the search teams involved.

Despite Celina's frustrations at the search being called off, Warwick's family, as well as Australian officials, were involved in the decision.

Celina thinks the search effort should have lasted longer.
Facebook/@celine.laroche.5283

In a statement, Warwick's family said: "Our family is heartbroken at the loss of our beloved Warwick.

"He was a kind, beautiful, and gentle soul who was adored by everyone who knew him. He will be deeply missed.

"We kindly ask for privacy during this difficult time. Thank you for your understanding."

Individual loved ones have also taken to social media to remember Warwick.

His mother, Mandy Tollemache, wrote: "Our family is heartbroken at the loss of our beloved Warwick.

"He was a kind, beautiful, and gentle soul who was adored by everyone who knew him."

Meanwhile, a friend of Warwick's penned: "I will miss you dearly my friend, my brother, my heart is aching so much knowing that I won't get to see you again or give you a hug."

Choose your content:

29 mins ago
18 hours ago
19 hours ago
  • Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
    29 mins ago

    Vanessa Trump shares devastating breast cancer diagnosis - here are the 8 symptoms to look out for

    Donald Trump Jr's ex-wife, Vanessa Trump, thanked doctors for their support after revealing she underwent a procedure 'earlier this week'

    News
  • Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
    18 hours ago

    British radio station issues apology after wrongly announcing King Charles III's death

    The Station Manager of Radio Caroline, Peter Moore, took to Facebook to issue a statement following the major blunder

    News
  • Charlotte Coney/Getty Images
    19 hours ago

    Father pays devastating tribute to three daughters who all died in Brighton beach incident

    The identities of the three women whose bodies were recovered from the sea off Brighton beach have been released

    News
  • Instagram/@meghan
    19 hours ago

    Heartwarming meaning behind Prince Harry's anniversary gift to Meghan Markle

    Meghan shared a rare family moment as their anniversary celebrations took an unexpected turn

    News
  • Cruise ship releases passengers after dozens report symptoms of a second 'virus outbreak'
  • Hantavirus researcher reveals key difference between cruise ship outbreak and Covid-19, insisting they're not the same
  • Woman shot her husband dead because she was annoyed with him
  • Hantavirus transmission between humans explained as two British passengers from cruise ship self-isolate