• News
  • Life
  • TV & Film
  • Beauty
  • Style
  • Home
  • News
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Royal Family
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Documentaries
    • Netflix
    • BBC
    • ITV
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
    • Fashion
    • Shopping
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Mel Gibson’s ‘insane’ conspiracy theory about LA wildfires after his home was destroyed has not gone down well

Home> Entertainment> Celebrity

Published 14:29 15 Jan 2025 GMT

Mel Gibson’s ‘insane’ conspiracy theory about LA wildfires after his home was destroyed has not gone down well

People have rushed to social media hitting out at the A-lister's 'shameful' remarks

Rhiannon Ingle

Rhiannon Ingle

Mel Gibson has detailed his 'insane' conspiracy theory about the Los Angeles wildfires after losing his home, and audiences are highly critical.

The 69-year-old Mad Max actor is one of many celebs who have had to watch their home burn down in the blaze which broke out last Tuesday (7 January).

Last week, Gibson opened up about the 'devastating' loss, which took place while he was filming an appearance on Joe Rogan's podcast.

He told Newsweek, via the BBC: "It’s kind of devastating. It’s emotional.

"I was doing the Rogan podcast… And [I was] kind of ill at ease while we were talking, because I knew my neighbourhood was on fire, so I thought, 'I wonder if my place is still there'.

Advert

"When I got home, sure enough, it wasn’t there. I went home and I said to myself, 'well, at least I haven’t got any of those pesky plumbing problems anymore'."

Reflecting on special possessions he had lost, Gibson said: "I had a lot of personal things there that, you know, I can’t get back…"

However, in a recent interview with Fox News' Laura Ingraham for 'The Ingraham Angle', the father-of-nine surprised viewers by coming out with a conspiracy theory that the fires were started 'on purpose'.

Mel Gibson himself dubbed the LA wildfires conspiracy 'insane' (Fox)
Mel Gibson himself dubbed the LA wildfires conspiracy 'insane' (Fox)

Advert

In a theory he himself dubbed 'insane', he told the broadcaster: "I know they were messing with the water, letting reserves go for one reason or another. They’ve been doing that a while.

"California has a lot of problems that sort of baffle the mind as far as why they do things."

Gibson then began asking questions about to the theory, adding: "Is it on purpose? Do they want the state empty?"

However, the Academy Award winner appeared to have full knowledge of the bizarrely of his postulation, adding: "I can make all kinds of horrible theories up in my head, conspiracy theories and everything else, but it just seemed a little convenient that there was no water.

Advert

"And that the wind conditions were right and that there are people ready and willing and able to start fires. And are they commissioned to do so or acting on their own volition? I don’t know.

The death toll from the fires which have been burning for over a week now has risen to at least 25 people (ETIENNE LAURENT / Contributor / Getty Images)
The death toll from the fires which have been burning for over a week now has risen to at least 25 people (ETIENNE LAURENT / Contributor / Getty Images)

"But they seem pretty well equipped, these people that they are catching."

Naturally, Gibson's remarks have caused quite a stir online, with one social media user slamming the star for sharing this theory on live television, VT reports.

Advert

"Conspiracy theories are his last claims to fame," one penned on Twitter, while someone else said: "Shameful."

Another said: "Mel Gibson drops LA conspiracy live on Fox News. INSANE."

And a fourth wrote that they'll 'never watch another movie with him in it'.

LADbible Group has previously contacted Mel Gibson's representatives for comment.

Featured Image Credit: Fox/JOSH EDELSON/AFP via Getty Images

Topics: Celebrity, US News, Environment, Weather

Rhiannon Ingle
Rhiannon Ingle

Rhiannon Ingle is a Senior Journalist at Tyla, specialising in TV, film, travel, and culture. A graduate of the University of Manchester with a degree in English Literature, she honed her editorial skills as the Lifestyle Editor of The Mancunian, the UK’s largest student newspaper. With a keen eye for storytelling, Rhiannon brings fresh perspectives to her writing, blending critical insight with an engaging style. Her work captures the intersection of entertainment and real-world experiences.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

15 hours ago
16 hours ago
18 hours ago
  • Amy Sussman / Staff / Getty ImagesAmy Sussman / Staff / Getty Images
    15 hours ago

    Reason Travis Kelce and ex Kayla Nicole broke up as she breaks social media silence on Taylor Swift engagement

    The couple split up in 2022, but their relationship is under the spotlight after Travis got engaged to Taylor Swift

    Entertainment
  • Instagram/@emiliekiserInstagram/@emiliekiser
    16 hours ago

    TikTok influencer Emilie Kiser issues her first public statement since three-year-old son's death

    She took to Instagram to share the statement with her 1.7 million followers

    Entertainment
  • Joe Scarnici/Getty Images for MaximJoe Scarnici/Getty Images for Maxim
    16 hours ago

    Travis Kelce’s ex Kayla Nicole had heartbreaking plea for Taylor Swift fans amid new romance

    After news of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce's relationship broke, his ex issued a plead to the singer's fans

    Entertainment
  • Allen Berezovsky/FilmMagicAllen Berezovsky/FilmMagic
    18 hours ago

    Everything Travis Kelce's ex Kayla Nicole has said about Taylor Swift relationship as she breaks social media silence on engagement

    Kayla Nicole dated the Kansas City Chiefs tight-end for five years on-off until 2022

    Entertainment
  • ‘Emotional’ Mel Gibson speaks out after his home is destroyed in LA wildfires whilst filming Joe Rogan podcast
  • Spencer Pratt shares ‘nightmare’ moment devastating LA fires destroyed his family home
  • Shocking new theory may have found the cause of devastating LA wildfires
  • Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag take legal action against city of LA after losing their home in wildfires