• News
  • Life
  • TV & Film
  • Beauty
  • Style
  • Home
  • News
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Royal Family
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Documentaries
    • Netflix
    • BBC
    • ITV
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
    • Fashion
    • Shopping
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Amanda Abbington's fiancé shares another cryptic message after she quit Strictly

Home> Entertainment> Celebrity

Published 10:40 27 Oct 2023 GMT+1

Amanda Abbington's fiancé shares another cryptic message after she quit Strictly

Jonathan Goodwin has been engaged to the Sherlock star since August 2021.

Ella Scott

Ella Scott

Amanda Abbington’s fiancé Jonathan Goodwin has posted a cryptic social media update after the star left Strictly Come Dancing earlier this week.

Fleur East confirmed on Monday (23 October), Strictly: It Takes Two that Amanda, 51, would no longer be competing for The Glitterball Trophy alongside partner Giovanni Pernice.

In a statement, a spokesperson of the show said: “Amanda Abbington is unable to continue in Strictly Come Dancing and has decided to withdraw from the competition. The show wishes her all the best for the future.”

Advert

Following the announcement, the Sherlock actor took to Instagram herself and revealed to her 140,000 followers that she was leaving the BBC mainstay due to 'personal reasons'.

"I'm so sad that I am unable to go any further. Thank you to everyone who voted and who sent wonderful messages and inspiring support. You are all amazing. Truly. Thank you," she added.

Despite failing to mention 33-year-old Pernice in her statement, the professional dancer posted his own tribute to his former partner.

Advert

He told his own one million followers that he was ‘proud’ of what the pair achieved.

Amid the drama, Abbington’s partner, retired escapologist and daredevil Goodwin, 43, has posted a series of cryptic statements across social media.

The first came just hours before the Mr Selfridge star withdrew from Strictly’s latest live show on Saturday and came in the form of a selfie.

Accompanying the picture of the pair, Goodwin wrote to his 60,400 followers.

Advert

Jonathan Goodwin has been posting 'cryptic' messages across social media.
Instagram/@jonathangoodwinofficial

He said: “We can be so hard on ourselves...be our own worst critics... But before you judge yourself... make sure your mirror is clean.”

In a further update, the ex-America’s Got Talent contestant posted a picture of an iceberg with the words: “When you see an iceberg you could be forgiven for not realising just how much is below the surface.

“The same is true of people. Don’t be quick to judge a person or situation if you don’t know what’s below the surface.”

Advert

The cryptic statement comes weeks after it was rumoured Abbington and Pernice were at loggerheads behind the scenes of Strictly.

Goodwin's latest Instagram update.
Instagram/@jonathangoodwinofficial

However, the pair took to It Takes Two and rubbished the claims while chatting to host Janette Manrara.

Speaking to the presenter in September, the 51-year-old said: “We have the same sense of humour which is really important. So we'll come out, work hard, and then we just laugh don't we.”

Advert

At the time, Pernice replied: “We do have a good time, but at the same time, obviously we have to do our dance. It's a difficult process, especially for people who have never done Strictly before.

“I always say, 'It's a marathon, not a sprint.' The first few weeks are difficult, it is difficult, it's a lot of hours to train, a lot of hours to be concentrating but then when you get to Saturday and do what you did..."

More details about the reason Abbington stood down from Strictly are yet to emerge.

Featured Image Credit: Instagram/amanda_abbington74/BBC

Topics: Celebrity, Strictly Come Dancing, TV And Film, BBC

Ella Scott
Ella Scott

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

a day ago
2 days ago
  • Chip Somodevilla/Getty ImagesChip Somodevilla/Getty Images
    a day ago

    Kim Kardashian criticises Donald Trump's ICE raids in public speech

    The reality TV star addressed the 200,000 people who have been deported from the United States since Trump returned to the White House

    Entertainment
  • instagram/@chariah/@mayabenberryinstagram/@chariah/@mayabenberry
    a day ago

    Travis Kelce's ex Maya Benberry gave Taylor Swift surprising relationship warning

    The Chasing Travis alumna commented after the celebs went public with their relationship in 2023

    Entertainment
  • Instagram/@selenagomezInstagram/@selenagomez
    2 days ago

    Selena Gomez praised by fans over one major detail from her bachelorette party

    The star is set to wed Benny Blacno after getting engaged last December

    Entertainment
  • ITVITV
    2 days ago

    Rylan Clark responds to backlash over controversial immigration comments on This Morning

    The TV star has doubled down on his immigration views after initially sharing them on This Morning on Wednesday (27th August)

    Entertainment
  • Amy Dowden forced to withdraw from rest of this year’s Strictly Come Dancing
  • BBC issues update on Amy Dowden after she suffered 'medical emergency' backstage during live Strictly show
  • Strictly Come Dancing’s Amy Dowden to have special tribute during show as she returns following cancer treatment
  • Giovanni Pernice publicly snubs Amanda Abbington after she quit Strictly