• News
  • Life
  • TV & Film
  • Beauty
  • Style
  • Home
  • News
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Royal Family
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Documentaries
    • Netflix
    • BBC
    • ITV
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
    • Fashion
    • Shopping
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Telling Sign William And Kate Were Keeping Children 'Secure' At Memorial

Home> Celebrity

Published 15:29 29 Mar 2022 GMT+1

Telling Sign William And Kate Were Keeping Children 'Secure' At Memorial

This is precious!

Ali Condon

Ali Condon

It was a big day for the royal family on Tuesday as they gathered together in Westminster Abbey to mark Prince Philip's memorial service.

In particular, it was a monumental day for both Prince George, eight, and Princess Charlotte, six, who are still learning the royal ropes and have only made appearances on the very rare occasion - even rarer an occasion as official as the Duke of Edinburgh's memorial.

However, George and Charlotte's parents Kate and William knew exactly what to do to help the youngsters through the event without a hitch. Watch here:

Although Prince George and Princess Charlotte have joined their parents on a number of public appearances so far, including international tours, pantomime performances, and sporting events, the children had not experienced an official royal event before today.

Inbaal Honigman, body language expert and celebrity psychic, spoke to Tyla about the subtle moves that Will and Kate used to keep their children feeling at ease throughout the rather overwhelming day.

Advert

You can first spot it when the family go up the stairs into Westminster Abbey. Inbaal notes that Prince George "pauses for just a split second and his mouth opens a tiny bit. That means, to me, that his breathing is a little more anxious and he's trying to regulate himself.

"So as he's walking in, he loses his nerve for a second and immediately at that moment, his dad puts two hands on his shoulders and guides him. They walk up hand in hand and throughout the entire shaking of hands, William demonstrates to his child what to do."

Kate and William kept Charlotte and George feeling secure. (
PA)

Meanwhile, "Katherine's hand is very, very rarely off Charlotte's shoulder or back" as she guides her daughter through the line-up.

Advert

Pointing out the Duke and Duchess' decision to keep physical contact with their children, Inbaal told Tyla that it was likely a "deliberate" move.

"We all remember the vision of William and Harry [at Princess Diana's funeral] walking behind the coffin, nobody holding their hand, each one totally alone. So this handling, this keeping the children secure, I believe, was a very deliberate parenting decision that Kate and William had taken beforehand," she says.

This was George and Charlotte's first major royal event. (
PA)

Royals gathered on Tuesday to celebrate the life of Prince Philip, who died at age 99 in April 2021.

Advert

The service included many elements that were originally planned for the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral in St George's Chapel before it was stripped back to meet public health measures at the time.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: Celebrity, Royal Family, Prince William, Kate Middleton

Ali Condon
Ali Condon

Ali is a journalist for LADbible Group, writing on all things film, music, and entertainment across Tyla, LADbible and UNILAD. You can contact Ali at [email protected].

X

@alicondon

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

2 days ago
  • Chip Somodevilla/Getty ImagesChip Somodevilla/Getty Images
    2 days ago

    Kim Kardashian criticises Donald Trump's ICE raids in public speech

    The reality TV star addressed the 200,000 people who have been deported from the United States since Trump returned to the White House

    Entertainment
  • instagram/@chariah/@mayabenberryinstagram/@chariah/@mayabenberry
    2 days ago

    Travis Kelce's ex Maya Benberry gave Taylor Swift surprising relationship warning

    The Chasing Travis alumna commented after the celebs went public with their relationship in 2023

    Entertainment
  • Instagram/@selenagomezInstagram/@selenagomez
    2 days ago

    Selena Gomez praised by fans over one major detail from her bachelorette party

    The star is set to wed Benny Blacno after getting engaged last December

    Entertainment
  • ITVITV
    2 days ago

    Rylan Clark responds to backlash over controversial immigration comments on This Morning

    The TV star has doubled down on his immigration views after initially sharing them on This Morning on Wednesday (27th August)

    Entertainment
  • Newest Royal Family member joins Kate Middleton and Prince William during Scotland visit
  • Prince George’s royal title might be temporarily taken away by William and Kate
  • Kate Middleton debuts brand new look during family outing with Prince William
  • Prince William and Kate Middleton make history as they move family to unexpected location