You Can Buy Actual Excitable Edgar From The John Lewis Christmas Advert
If you're heart has truly and utterly been melted this morning by the latest John Lewis Christmas advert, then we've got a real treat for you.
To mark the release of its official festive ad, the British retailer has launched a plethora of products inspired by their newest Christmas star 'Excitable Edgar' - the sweet dragon who struggles with controlling his fiery breath.
Now customers can get their hands-on cute merch including a teddy bear of Edgar, dragon slippers, available for both adults and kids alike, and not forgetting a Christmas Pudding, which was integral to their ad this year.
Some are only available at John Lewis while other products solely from Waitrose, but lucky several you can purchase from both. Here's what's on offer and more importantly, where you can find them:
- 'Excitable Edgar' Plush Soft Toy - £15 at both retailers
- 'Excitable Edgar' Christmas Book- £9.99 at both retailers
- Waitrose & Partners No.1 Christmas Pudding, 400g - £8 at both retailers (John Lewis in shops only)
- 'Excitable Edgar' Children's 3D Glow In The Dark Pyjamas- £17 to £19 at John Lewis
- 'Excitable Edgar' Children's 3D Wellington Boots- £16 to £19 at John Lewis
- 'Excitable Edgar' Children's 3D Boot Slippers- £16 to £19 at John Lewis
- 'Excitable Edgar' Cupcakes - £2.50 for a pack of two at Waitrose
- 'Excitable Edgar' Chocolate Gift Pack- £3.50 for a pack of four at Waitrose
- 'Excitable Edgar' Gingerbread Biscuit- £1.50 at Waitrose
The new range comes hot on the heels of the release of John Lewis' Christmas ad which tells the touching story of a little girl and her friendship with a young dragon.
Ava - who is eagerly preparing for Christmas along with her family and friends, including an animated dragon named Edgar, who is so excited for the season he just can't fight his instinct to breathe fire.
More Like ThisMore Like This
The ad, which is set to an emotional cover of REO Speedwagon's 'Can't fight this feeling' by Bastille's Dan Smith, sees the unlikely pair attempt to join in seasonal activities, but are thwarted when Edgar excitedly breathes fire.
The town's snowman is reduced to a puddle, an ice rink is melted and the village's annual tradition of dressing to Christmas tree ends in disaster because of the little dragon.
Fearing he's ruining Christmas, Edgar locks himself away. However, best friend Ava finds a gift for the dragon - a Christmas pudding - that ensures his fire breathing will play a special part in the village's Christmas feast.
Yup, we're welling up just thinking about it.
All the 'Excitable Edgar' merch is available in-stores and online now.
Featured Image Credit: John Lewis
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read