Advert

Latest

a day ago
Advert
a day ago
Advert

Most Popular

3 days ago
Advert

Rabbit Literally ‘Frightened to Death’ After Loud Fireworks Left It Shaking Violently

Rabbit Literally ‘Frightened to Death’ After Loud Fireworks Left It Shaking Violently

An upset pet owner has backed a ban on fireworks after she claims her rabbit was so spooked by the loud bangs it went into shock and died the next morning.

Advert

Donna Pilgrim, 60, filmed her one-year-old bunny Archie violently shaking while fireworks were going off at a nearby display to her home in Millbrook, Cornwall on Sunday, 3rd November.

The heartbroken woman shared the video on Facebook pointing out this was the "cruelty and reality of fireworks".

She explained how she had been following the advice of her vet who told her to keep her rabbit warm and quiet ahead of Bonfire Night.

But a traumatised Archie appeared to go into shock, squealed and laid on his side.

Heartbroken pet owner Donna Pilgrim revealed her rabbit Archie died after being scared of fireworks (Credit: SWNS)
Heartbroken pet owner Donna Pilgrim revealed her rabbit Archie died after being scared of fireworks (Credit: SWNS)
Advert

She later added an update sharing the sad news: "Sadly my sweet little Archie is no longer with us.

"I am so upset but so dam angry too. He was happily eating his supper at 5.30pm, then the fireworks started. It was the 3rd of November not the 5th."

Donna posted the clip of Archie's reaction before he died alongside a warning: "My poor little man. He's just had a huge amount of fireworks go off outside.

Donna filmed Archie shaking violently in his cage during a nearby fireworks display (Credit: SWNS)
Donna filmed Archie shaking violently in his cage during a nearby fireworks display (Credit: SWNS)

"As you can see, although he's snug with his hay and his little house where he usually lays. He's now just trembling and shaking in his bed.

"This is the cruelty and reality of fireworks. I'm just hoping and praying that he's still with me tomorrow.

"I found him lying on his side and shaking. He's obviously traumatised by it all.

"So for that few quids worth going up in smoke, that could do so much more, for so many animals or people in need.

Archie sadly died by the morning and Donna has backed a ban on firework (Credit: SWNS)
Archie sadly died by the morning and Donna has backed a ban on firework (Credit: SWNS)

"I hope you enjoyed your five minutes of fun. I think I'll be very lucky to have Archie in the morning."

Donna then revealed to her followers that Archie had died just over 12 hours later.

She added: "I hope the money you spent for a few seconds of horrible noise was worth it.

"Let's keep fighting to get Fireworks banned for the welfare of all animals, pets and wildlife.

"It's heartbreaking when they die. R.I.P Archie."

Poor Archie is just one of many animals that are traumatised by fireworks (Credit: SWNS)
Poor Archie is just one of many animals that are traumatised by fireworks (Credit: SWNS)

A petition calling for the sale of fireworks to be banned as racked up more than 250,000 signatures and counting.

Worried pet owners have said enough is enough and called for parliament to consider banning them from general sale to prevent animals having to suffer.

Recently, leading vet charity PDSA found that 7.3 million cats and dogs are afraid of fireworks - meaning they're likely sat at home anxious and miserable throughout the firework season.

Click here for more tips on how to protect your pets on firework night.

Featured Image Credit: SWNS

Topics: Fireworks, Bonfire Night, Animals

Natalie Corner

Natalie is a freelance journalist with a degree in journalism. She has previously written for Mirror Online, Mail Online, Dazed and Black Ballad as well as Tyla. She has a keen interest in all things viral, women's lifestyle and TV. To get in touch with the Tyla team, contact [email protected]

 

Next Up

Smear Tests Could Be Replaced By At-Home Pee Tests, Experts Claim

Smear Tests Could Be Replaced By At-Home Pee Tests, Experts Claim

12 days ago