Company Looking For UK's Most Beautiful Pets To Model New Collection
Featured Image Credit: Unsplash
Silentnight is launching a competition to find the nations most photogenic cats and dogs to model its new range of pet beds.
The Pet Factor sees the sleep experts scour the country for the best four-legged faces for the job - and your pet could be one of them.
According to the bed company, you can enter your pet into the competition by entering up to three photos of their feline or pooch via the online application form here by Friday 24th April.
Silentnight's judging panel are apparently looking for the "ideal mix of personality and good looks", and ask that applicants are well-behaved and sociable as they'll be modelling in an actual professional photoshoot.
The company are looking for three winners, to model small dog beds, large and medium dog beds and cat beds, respectively. Small dogs include Pugs, Yorkshire Terriers, French Bulldogs; medium dogs include Spaniels, Border Collies, Poodles; and large dogs include Dobermans, Labradors, and Huskys.
The winners will 'strike a paws' in the photoshoot, where they'll see their face on the campaign afterwards, while also taking home a goody bag including a brand new Silentnight pet bed.
They've even given some handy tips for getting the best application photo from your pet:
- Keep calm! Four legged friends are emotional sponges and may become agitated or distracted if you're getting stressed out trying to take the perfect shot - so keep it fun
- Look into the eyes. The gorgeous eyes of our cats and dogs are usually what they utilise to get their own way, so make these cute features a standout element of any picture. Pets' eyes will especially standout in a well-lit shot.
- Have a tidy up. Clear away any clutter where you're planning to take the photo (getting the kids involved in the shot and having them take on this task is also a sneaky way to get them to do any chores they're avoiding!)
- Shoot at their level. Crouch or lie down so that your shot is at 'pet height' where it will be the most engaging
- Bribe your model. Have your pet's favourite treats to hand as an incentive for them to keep still and model for you. Finally, make sure that your model moggy or mutt has their beauty sleep so that they're feeling truly camera ready!
As for the actual range, Silentnight uses the same technology as in its human bedding, and includes three collections: Ultrabounce, Airmax and Orthopaedic. So, you know your pet is going to be in for a comfy time.
You can enter your pet into The Pet Factor here - good luck!