If you're looking for an Easter bake to impress friends and family this weekend, look no further than these Easter cookie trays.
Thanks to an array of different toppings, the delicious snack is the ultimate crowd pleaser - and it's so easy to make.
We first spotted the recipe on @fitwaffle's TikTok channel, and ever since, people have been creating their own versions topped with Easter goodies such as: Mini Eggs, Creme Eggs, Malteser Bunnies and other chocolatey delights.
So how can you recreate it yourself at home?
Well, it's super simple and we've popped a handy recipe below...
- 250g salted butter
- 300g sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- Vanilla extract
- 400g all purpose flour
- Pinch of baking soda
- Chocolate chips or sprinkles
- A selection of different toppings for each slice
- Preheat the oven to 190 C/Fan170C/Gas 5 and grease your baking dish.
- Mix or whisk together the salted butter, sugar, and egg yolks in a bowl.
- Add the vanilla extract before sifting in the flour and baking soda.
- Add in your chocolate chips or sprinkles and mix together.
- Take your cookie dough and press it into the baking dish.
- Smooth out with a spoon before cutting into eight rectangular slices.
- Add a different topping to each section and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin and voila! Your Easter cookie tray is complete.
In other Easter food news, we recently told you how to make Mini Egg rocky roads.
The classic rocky roads are filled with mouthwatering chunks of Mini Egg, and the best part is they're so easy to make.
First up, you'll need to take at least two big bars of milk chocolate - or better still, opt for the Mini Egg chocolate bars - before breaking into cubes and melting.
Next, add Mini Eggs, mini Creme Eggs, mini marshmallows - and any other treats you fancy, such as cornflakes or crushed biscuit - into a bowl and mix them together.
Pour over your melted chocolate and stir again until the mixture and the choccy is evenly combined.
You can read more on those here.