tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Peter Andre Addresses Rebekah Vardy's Comments On His 'Manhood'
Home>Celebrity
Updated 12:50 11 Apr 2023 GMT+1Published 10:00 11 May 2022 GMT+1

Peter Andre Addresses Rebekah Vardy's Comments On His 'Manhood'

Peter has finally broken his silence.

Ali Condon

Ali Condon

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Instagram/@peterandre/Alamy

Topics: Celebrity, Peter Andre

Ali Condon
Ali Condon

Ali is a journalist for LADbible Group, writing on all things film, music, and entertainment across Tyla, LADbible and UNILAD. You can contact Ali at [email protected].

X

@alicondon

Advert

Advert

Advert

Peter Andre has spoken out about Rebekah Vardy's past comments on his 'manhood' in an old interview, after it was discussed in her High Court trial against Coleen Rooney this week.

Rebekah Vardy and Coleen Rooney are currently in the middle of a costly legal battle stemming from Coleen's 2019 Wagatha Christie 'sting operation' in which she infamously claimed that Rebekah's account had been leaking stories about her to the press.

Kicking off the trial this Tuesday (10 May), Rebekah Vardy was questioned on scathing comments she had made about Peter Andre in a 2004 interview with The News Of The World.

Advert

Peter Andre has commented on Rebekah's remarks for the first time. (
PA)

In the early Noughties interview, Rebekah had been asked about her night with the 'Mysterious Girl' singer, when she said: "I thought he was going to be a fantastic lover. Then he took his trousers off.

"He was the worst lover I’ve ever had. It wasn’t even worth the train fare. Peter was tiny. The smallest trouser equipment I’ve ever seen. It was like a miniature chipolata."

Speaking about the incident in court on Tuesday, Rebekah said that she had since apologised for the remark, insisting that she was 'forced' to say it.

Rebekah Vardy has claimed she was "forced" to comment on Peter Andre's 'manhood'. (
Alamy)

After hearing that her comments were brought up again years later, Peter Andre took to social media, breaking his silence on the hurtful interview for the first time.

"Do you know how hard it is to keep biting my lip on situations?" he told his Instagram followers.

"The way I look at it, most people saw in the jungle how an acorn turned into an oak, so I think I'm OK.

"At least she has now admitted it wasn't true and was forced to say it."

Speaking to the court, Rebekah claimed: "I was forced into a situation by my ex-husband to do this story.

"It's something I deeply regret and something that's very much part of my past. It's not nice to read. I have dealt with this.

"To me, this is mud-slinging. I was always threatened with mud-slinging by Mrs Rooney's team.

Peter has joked that I'm A Celeb fans will know the truth. (
Instagram/@peterandre)

"I went through a terrible, terrible relationship. It was horrible, it was abusive, and I was forced into a situation.

"Yes, it's horrible. Would I ever do something like that again? Not in a million years. It wasn't nice. But I was faced with consequences, and the consequences of not doing it were much worse."

Rebekah Vardy is suing Coleen Rooney for libel following Coleen's refusal to take back claims that Rebekah had leaked stories about her to The Sun.

The court case is expected to last for seven days.

Choose your content:

10 hours ago
11 hours ago
12 hours ago
  • TikTok/@venezuelaffury
    10 hours ago

    Venezuela Fury's wedding dress cost revealed after dad Tyson spent jaw-dropping amount

    Venezuela Fury wore a white lace fishtail gown to marry Noah Price, 19, on Sunday (17 May) on the Isle of Man

    Entertainment
  • Brendon Thorne/Getty Images
    11 hours ago

    Jacob Elordi slammed for driving despite ditching prestigious role over foot injury

    Cannes Film Festival organisers invited Jacob Elordi to join the ceremony's jury earlier this year, but he turned it down due to injury

    Entertainment
  • Gary Gershoff/Getty Images
    12 hours ago

    Mandy Moore slams Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic mom group' remarks as 'upsetting' in new statement

    Ashley Tisdale penned an essay last year for The Cut, titled 'Breaking Up With My Toxic Mom Group'

    Entertainment
  • Nathan Congleton/NBC via Getty Images
    12 hours ago

    Hayden Panettiere shares near-fatal childbirth experience after terrifying incident

    Hayden Panettiere welcomed her daughter, Kaya, now 11, with her ex-fiancé, Wladimir Klitschko, in 2014

    Entertainment
  • Peter Andre Shares His Thoughts On Rebekah Vardy In Emotional Statement
  • Rebekah Vardy Says She's 'Deeply Ashamed' Of The Comments She Made About Peter Andre
  • Peter Andre Fans Concerned For Singer As He Details Robbery
  • Peter Andre finally reveals name of baby daughter wife decided on just weeks before deadline