tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Huw Edwards appears on BBC wearing black tie following Queen's health update
Home>News
Published 15:48 8 Sep 2022 GMT+1

Huw Edwards appears on BBC wearing black tie following Queen's health update

The Queen is under medical supervision due to health concerns.

Lucy Devine

Lucy Devine

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: BBC Everett Collection Inc/Alamy Stock Photo

Topics: News, The Queen, Royal Family, No Article Matching

Lucy Devine
Lucy Devine

Lucy is a journalist working for Tyla. After graduating with a master's degree in journalism, she has worked in both print and online and is particularly interested in fashion, food, health and women's issues. Northerner, coffee addict, says hun a lot.

X

@lucedevine

Advert

Advert

Advert

BBC presenter Huw Edwards has appeared on BBC wearing a black tie as the broadcaster cancelled Thursday's television schedule until 6pm to air a special programme on the Queen's health instead.

Earlier today (Thursday 8 September) Buckingham Palace had confirmed that the Queen had been placed under medical supervision due to health concerns.

The Queen has been placed under medical supervision.
Agencja Fotograficzna Caro/Alamy Stock Photo

A Palace spokesperson said: “Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision.

Advert

"The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral."

Since the news was announced, members of the royal family have either arrived or are travelling to Balmoral to be by the Queen's side.

Clarence House has confirmed that the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have travelled to Balmoral, while Kensington Palace has confirmed that the Duke of Cambridge is also travelling at this time.

Meanwhile, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex as well as the Queen's children - Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward - are all said to be on their way.

Presenter Huw Edwards has appeared on BBC wearing a black tie.
BBC

As Brits anxiously await news on Her Majesty, some have pointed out Edwards' black tie, with many fearing the worst.

One wrote: "The fact that all senior members of the Royal Family have now been summoned to attend Balmoral strikes me as a very grave situation indeed. Also, the fact Huw Edwards is in the BBC News studio wearing a black tie doesn’t bode well."

While another said on Twitter: "BBC 1 suspends regular programming until 1800. Huw Edwards is wearing a black tie. The entire royal family are headed to Balmoral, including the Sussexes. This is almost certainly more serious than we're being told."

And a third added: "Huw Edwards in a black tie on BBC News. Above everything, the Queen is a great grandmother, grandmother and mother and it’s her family I’m thinking of today. Very sad news whatever your views. Now’s not the time for that."

Edwards was joined on the broadcast by Royal Correspondent Nicholas Witchell.

Witchell stated: "We are hoping for the best but I think we must now prepare for the worst."

The announcement comes after the monarch, 96, pulled out of a virtual Privy Council on Wednesday, a day after appointing Liz Truss as prime minister at her home in the Scottish Highlands.

Speaking of the news, Prime Minister Liz Truss said: “The whole country will be deeply concerned by the news from Buckingham Palace this lunchtime.

"My thoughts – and the thoughts of people across our United Kingdom – are with Her Majesty The Queen and her family at this time.”

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
2 days ago
  • Maldives National Defence Force
    2 hours ago

    Maldives missing divers' search suspended after military diver dies

    Mohamed Mahudhee, a Staff Sergeant in the Maldives, died of decompression sickness after being transferred to a hospital following a search

    News
  • Family handout
    2 days ago

    Mum who drowned after head got stuck in seaside rocks ‘could have been saved’

    An inquest was held earlier today (15 May) regarding Saffron Cole-Nottage's tragic death last February

    News
  • Metropolitan Nashville Police Department
    2 days ago

    Mother searching for missing son, 6, tragically finds him dead after 80ft fall

    Nashville Police have issued a statement following the tragic incident

    News
  • White House via X/Anadolu via Getty Images
    2 days ago

    Trump shares 'classified' information about spying on China

    Critics have hit out at Donald Trump for his comments made on board Air Force One.

    News