• News
  • Life
  • TV & Film
  • Beauty
  • Style
  • Home
  • News
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Royal Family
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Documentaries
    • Netflix
    • BBC
    • ITV
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
    • Fashion
    • Shopping
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Princess Anne hospitalised following incident, Buckingham Palace announces

Home> News

Updated 12:58 24 Jun 2024 GMT+1Published 12:31 24 Jun 2024 GMT+1

Princess Anne hospitalised following incident, Buckingham Palace announces

Buckingham Palace has issued an official statement on the matter

Rhiannon Ingle

Rhiannon Ingle

Princess Anne has been hospitalised following an incident.

The 73-year-old Princess Royal 'has sustained minor injuries and concussion' following an incident on the Gatcombe Park estate on Sunday evening (23 June) and remains in a Bristol hospital for observation, Buckingham Palace has said.

It's been reported that she has suffered minor injuries to her head and concussion when it is believed she was kicked by a horse.

Princess Anne has been hospitalised. (Chris Jackson / Staff / Getty Images)
Princess Anne has been hospitalised. (Chris Jackson / Staff / Getty Images)

Advert

Anne, an Olympic-medal winning horsewoman, was walking on her Gloucestershire estate on Sunday evening when the incident happened.

Emergency services were despatched to the estate and, after medical care at the scene, the princess was transferred to Southmead Hospital in Bristol for appropriate tests, treatment and observation.

An official statement from Buckingham Palace released Monday afternoon (24 June) reads: "The Princess Royal has sustained minor injuries and concussion following an incident on the Gatcombe Park estate yesterday evening.

"Her Royal Highness remains in Southmead Hospital, Bristol, as a precautionary measure for observation and is expected to make a full and swift recovery.

Advert

"The King has been kept closely informed and joins the whole Royal Family in sending his fondest love and well-wishes to The Princess for a speedy recovery."

The senior working royal is the younger sister of the King. (PA)
The senior working royal is the younger sister of the King. (PA)

Princess Anne made her last public appearance at Royal Ascot on Thursday last week (20 June) and she is expected to leave hospital before the end of the week.

Gatcombe Park in Gloucestershire, UK, has been home to Princess Anne since 1976.

Advert

She recently appeared at the Trooping the Colour earlier this month (15 June) where she showed off her equestrian skills while riding her horse, Noble.

Opening up about their family's close relationship with horses, Princess Anne's daughter, Zara Tindall, told PEOPLE: "Our horses are in our family, so there's always discussions about performances and things like that. There's horses in her life, and she does a bit of breeding as well. So there's always horse conversation going on."

The Royal Family previously released a statement about Noble last year, writing: "Noble toured with the RCMP’s Musical Ride in 2022, where she was recognised for her superior physical and athletic ability as well as her composed personality.

"Having demonstrated her potential during the tour with the Musical Ride, participating in 90 public performances at 50 different locations in Canada, Noble was selected as the ideal horse for His Majesty because of her size and ability.

Advert

"Her calm demeanor allows her to thrive in the sometimes raucous atmosphere of exciting public events."

Featured Image Credit: Chris Jackson/Getty Images/Mark Cuthbert/UK Press via Getty Images

Topics: News, UK News, Royal Family

Rhiannon Ingle
Rhiannon Ingle

Rhiannon Ingle is a Senior Journalist at Tyla, specialising in TV, film, travel, and culture. A graduate of the University of Manchester with a degree in English Literature, she honed her editorial skills as the Lifestyle Editor of The Mancunian, the UK’s largest student newspaper. With a keen eye for storytelling, Rhiannon brings fresh perspectives to her writing, blending critical insight with an engaging style. Her work captures the intersection of entertainment and real-world experiences.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

2 days ago
  • OceanGateOceanGate
    2 days ago

    Billionaire planning trip to Titanic wreckage two years after Oceangate disaster

    A billionaire whose 'name you would recognise' is reportedly gearing up to journey to the Titanic wreckage

    News
  • Al Drago/Bloomberg via Getty ImagesAl Drago/Bloomberg via Getty Images
    2 days ago

    People think the gold in Donald Trump’s new White House renovations might not be real

    One social media user claimed some of the objects were 'probably just spray-painted gold'

    News
  • Kenny Holston-Pool/Getty ImagesKenny Holston-Pool/Getty Images
    2 days ago

    Donald Trump has revoked Kamala Harris’ Secret Service protection

    The news comes despite former President Joe Biden quietly extending it before exiting office

    News
  • Scott Olson/Getty ImagesScott Olson/Getty Images
    2 days ago

    JD Vance fuels outrage after 'disgraceful' driving act in an attempt to avoid protesters

    A video of the American Vice President's motorcade attempting to avoid protestors in Wisconsin is circulating online

    News
  • Princess Beatrice pregnant with second child, Buckingham Palace announces
  • Buckingham Palace announces Princess Beatrice has given birth prematurely as they reveal adorable name
  • Meaning behind Princess Beatrice’s baby’s name as Buckingham Palace shares details of premature birth
  • Princess Diana's time capsule opened 30 years later as items inside revealed