tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Boy, 12, dies after being sucked into jacuzzi filter during family holiday
Home>News
Published 11:22 5 May 2026 GMT+1

Boy, 12, dies after being sucked into jacuzzi filter during family holiday

The boy was airlifted to hospital for emergency treatment after allegedly being trapped underwater for five minutes before being released

Lucy Devine

Lucy Devine

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Hotel Il Duce del Motefeltro

Topics: World News, Health, Travel, News

Lucy Devine
Lucy Devine

Lucy is a journalist working for Tyla. After graduating with a master's degree in journalism, she has worked in both print and online and is particularly interested in fashion, food, health and women's issues. Northerner, coffee addict, says hun a lot.

X

@lucedevine

Advert

Advert

Advert

A 12-year-old boy has tragically died after being sucked into the filter of a jacuzzi while on holiday in Italy.

Matteo Brandimarti had been staying at the Duca di Montefeltro Hotel in Pennabilli when the accident occurred, The Sun reports.

It is alleged that Matteo's leg had been sucked into the filter of the jacuzzi, and while staff intervened by reportedly shutting off the power supply, the boy was airlifted to hospital for emergency treatment after being trapped underwater for five minutes, according to Italian publication Il Resto del Carlino.

Matteo had been staying at the Duca di Montefeltro Hotel in Pennabilli (Google Maps)
Matteo had been staying at the Duca di Montefeltro Hotel in Pennabilli (Google Maps)

Advert

"Matteo's death is a huge loss for the community," parish priest Don Ulderico said, in a translated article.

"He was an intelligent, capable, helpful, curious, and always present child. A good and kind child.

"Two years ago, he made his First Communion in our parish. He was a member of the children's choir, and every Saturday, along with his classmates, he would come to lead the afternoon Mass.

"We had planned a prayer vigil with the exposition of the Blessed Sacrament to ask the Lord to perform a miracle, but instead the tragic news arrived. It was a vigil of mourning, a testimony of love."

Meanwhile, school principal Melania Martellacci added: "Matteo was a lively boy, interested in life, and beloved by his classmates. We all share his family's grief."

The accident occurred at a hotel in Pennabilli (Getty Stock Photo)
The accident occurred at a hotel in Pennabilli (Getty Stock Photo)

Umberto Gramenzi, the attorney representing Matteo's family, has explained that the jacuzzi had a depth of 80cm.

He claimed: "It is considered a crime of negligence due to carelessness, imprudence, lack of competence, and failure to comply with regulations regarding pool operations.

"The child's organs were donated to six other children. They hope that those responsible will be criminally prosecuted and punished."

He also previously added: "The matter still needs to be fully investigated. Now we just await the funeral and the boy's dignified burial. As for the legal proceedings, the Public Prosecutor's Office will take action and decide the next steps."

According to Sky, the Prosecutor's Office has opened a manslaughter case and three people are under investigation.

Gramenzi also told PEOPLE that an on-site inspection is scheduled at the hotel for 13 May.

He said it would be conducted by 'the technical consultants who performed the autopsy on the child's body, in order to examine the location where the incident took place'.

Tyla has reached out to Gramenzi, Rimini Police, and Duca di Montefeltro Hotel.

Choose your content:

16 hours ago
17 hours ago
  • Family handout
    16 hours ago

    Mum who drowned after head got stuck in seaside rocks ‘could have been saved’

    An inquest was held earlier today (15 May) regarding Saffron Cole-Nottage's tragic death last February

    News
  • Metropolitan Nashville Police Department
    17 hours ago

    Mother searching for missing son, 6, tragically finds him dead after 80ft fall

    Nashville Police have issued a statement following the tragic incident

    News
  • White House via X/Anadolu via Getty Images
    17 hours ago

    Trump shares 'classified' information about spying on China

    Critics have hit out at Donald Trump for his comments made on board Air Force One.

    News
  • Melina MARA / POOL / AFP via Getty Images
    17 hours ago

    Donald Trump has reportedly beaten Joe Biden in an awkward record

    Donald Trump and Joe Biden apparently have one habit in common, although the US President has previously offered an explanation

    News
  • 19-year-old teen dies after being sucked into meat grinder at work
  • Wife of man who died after being sucked into MRI machine because of necklace describes horrifying ordeal
  • Family issue tragic warning as teen dies after copying 'dusting' trend she’d seen online
  • 9-year-old boy recalls escaping summer camp during devastating floods whilst brother, 7, was in the cabin next to him