To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Couple who were planning their dream wedding both died after being pulled from house fire

Couple who were planning their dream wedding both died after being pulled from house fire

Rebecca Foster and Kieran Naylor were due to get married next year and were in the process of renovating their dream home

A couple who were planning their dream wedding both died after being pulled from a house fire.

Rebecca Foster, 32, and her fiancé Kieran Naylor, 33, had been together for 10 years before this tragic incident at their home in Daresbury.

The loved-up pair had been renovating their ‘forever home’ in Cheshire, but a fire left them in critical condition with serious injuries in December 2022.

Rebecca and Kieran were pulled out from the house and rushed to separate hospitals in the early hours of 12 December.

Rebecca died just two days later and Kieran died in hospital on Boxing Day. The couple's two pets are also believed to have died in the fire.

At yesterday’s inquest, 19 June, her dad John Foster said: “They were massively in love. They spent all of their time together.”

Rebecca and Kieran shared dog Skye and cat Nyla who were 'like their children'.
Cheshire Police

Kieran’s dad Paul Naylor also called them ‘inseparable’ and the pair had been planning their dream wedding in Cyprus for 2024.

Rebecca’s family said: “Rebecca was a loving and caring daughter and our lives have been absolutely torn apart by her death.

“She and Kieran made the perfect couple, and the pair were planning to spend the rest of their lives together, but sadly they will never be able to fulfil their dreams."

Kieran’s family added: “Kieran really was the best son, brother and uncle that anyone could have wished for and he will be sorely missed by everyone who had the pleasure to have known him.

"Kieran and Rebecca are now reunited forever and they will always be in our hearts."

Kieran and Rebecca were renovating the property to be their 'forever home'.
Cheshire Police

Fire investigator Jonathan Hill previously told the inquest they couldn’t determine a cause of the fire due to the property being ‘unsafe’ and with such damage caused to the house.

However, he said the blaze most likely started in the lounge or games room.

Investigators speculated the couple's log burner, Christmas tree lights, portable heaters, candles or rechargeable battery failure of electrical items could have ignited the fire.

When he received the call from the police, Mr Foster said he was told his daughter was ‘brain dead’ and said to the hearing: “They were keeping her hooked on machines. It was that point we knew she was going to die.”

Rebecca’s cause of death was given by the coroner as a hypoxic brain injury secondary to smoke inhalation and Kieran died from multiorgan failure with 60 percent of his body surface covered in burns.

The coroner said to the families in court: “It must have been a terrible shock, while both were adults, they were still your children.

"As parents, we don't expect to lose our children. I'm very sorry this has happened and I hope you have some answers."

In tributes to the ‘inseparable’ couple, the families said they would be ‘together forever’.

Featured Image Credit: Cheshire Police

Topics: News, UK News, Sex and Relationships