Molly-Mae Breaks Down As She Discusses Puppy's Autopsy In Emotional Video
Former Love Island stars Molly-Mae Hague and Tommy Fury have taken to their YouTube channel to discuss the tragic death of their new puppy.
Yesterday morning, Molly and Tommy revealed four-month-old Pomeranian, Mr Chai, had taken ill and passed away a few days earlier. The couple had had the pup for just four days.
Following the announcement, they were inundated with criticism online, with many assuming the pup had taken ill because he had been imported from Russia. Others accused the couple of taking him outside before he had received his vaccinations.
Wanting to set the record straight and having received Mr Chai's autopsy results from their vet, Molly and Tommy, both 21, sat down to make an emotional and heartbreaking video.
"Neither of us wanted to film a video at all or talk about this, but after seeing everything today and reading everyone's opinions I think it's really important that we sit down and talk about it and explain how we're feeling and explain what we now know after receiving the autopsy results," said Molly.
She went on to explain that the couple had wanted to get a dog for a long time, adding that rumours that Tommy had chosen a breeder at random were not accurate.
"i just want to clarify that because I've seen a lot of tweets this morning saying that Tommy has typed in Google 'cutest puppies'. I selected the breeder, I asked Tommy to get the dog from this breeder.
"When we first got Chai I can't even explain how happy we were, he was just absolutely everything [...] I knew at that moment we had our little baby, it was literally like we'd had a baby."
Molly went on to explain when the couple first started to suspect that Chai was unwell and what happened next.
"From two days in, we started to pick up on a few things, his poo was runny, he wasn't eating that much and he started vomiting," said Molly.
More Like ThisMore Like This
"We took him to the vet [...] The vet took him inside and we waited outside because of coronavirus. She rang us and said they were keeping him overnight because he might have an infection.
"We just thought we would pick him up the next day, but 30 minutes later she rang us and told us that Chai had had a seizure and that he had died.
"We were just utterly shocked, Tommy literally threw up everywhere, I just kept saying it's a prank, a sick person has found out Chai has gone to the vet and it's a prank. We didn't know what to do, we were just in shock."
Molly and Tommy explained they paid for an autopsy as they couldn't live without knowing what had happened.
"Effectively Chai's skull wasn't formed properly, it wasn't fully developed, part of the brain was exposed. In a tiny dog, even playing with him probably wasn't helpful.
"The main thing was that Chai didn't have a single white blood cell left in his body, even if he came into contact with his dog food or the pavement or anything, if he was to catch anything he couldn't fight off any infection with his white blood cells, which all dogs should be able to do.
"He was also born with some of his organs slightly enlarged. What the vet said was that if Chai was in Russia, if Chai was in my mum's care, if Chai was born from a different breeder, Chai was always going to pass away with the conditions he was born with."
Molly and Tommy said they understand people's opinions about Chai being imported from Russia, but that was not the cause of his death.
You can watch their full video here.
Featured Image Credit: Molly Mae Hague/YouTube
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read