Mum left puzzled after ‘terrifying’ discovery behind seven-year-old sons bed
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: Facebook/Family Lowdown Tips and Ideas
A mum has been left in a state of confusion after making a shocking discovery at the end of her son’s bed.
She understandably went straight to the internet for answers in the Family Lowdown Tips & Ideas Facebook group.
The concerned parent shared a picture of the ‘terrifying’ thing she found across the floor adjacent to the seven-year-old’s bed.
“Does anybody have any idea what this could be? It’s at the end of my son’s bed on the floor,” she wrote alongside the snaps.
“Not anywhere else in his room, not in his ottoman bed base or under his bed. Just at the end in one spot (I’ve spread it out a bit to look). Any ideas, please?”
Facebook users shared equally as terrified and confused responses, as many people voiced their concerns after failing to pinpoint the cause of the unsettling stuff.
“Nope… new fear unlocked,” one Facebook user wrote.
“OMG, my skin is crawling - I hope this is cereal as I’m about to freak the freak out.”
Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, let’s all hope it’s not cereal because we don’t want to be put off!
Another person chimed in with a theory which will definitely send shivers down your spine.
“Definitely tarantula black widow scorpion eggs,” they wrote. “Extremely bitey, and they bide their time to attack.”
Others thought the unidentified objects could be the aftermath of a mice infestation.
“Had this in both my kids’ bedrooms,” one member shared. “They had them ‘Warmies’ that go in the microwave. You heat them up, and they smell like lavender.
“Anyways, it turns out I had mice. Eating all the insides of the toys I got them on camera.
“I had to move out. So my advice is bin the toys and get your traps out.”
Meanwhile, someone else recalled another incident, writing: “Had something similar in our shed once. It was evidence of mice/rats getting in.”
While someone else chimed in: “Mice have had a lot of fun. I’m so glad that everyone said mice because, at first, I thought it was ticks.”
The actual source of the discovery was eventually revealed and it’s not as alarming as you may think…
The mum clarified that the stuff came from a microwavable heat pack that had unexpectedly burst.
“I hoovered it a couple of days ago, and it wasn’t there. I went back to hoover again, and it was,” she shared.
“I have now found out it’s from a heat teddy that’s popped at the end of his bed.”
We can all agree that it could’ve been a lot worse!