Tyla

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK
Advert

It Turns Out There's An Age Rating On Cadbury Mini Eggs

Published 
| Last updated 

It Turns Out There's An Age Rating On Cadbury Mini Eggs

Parents are being warned about Mini Eggs in the run-up to Easter weekend.

Posting to Facebook her Facebook page Nanny Valentine - Child Behaviour Coach in 2017, one mum noted that that the chocolate treat could pose a choking hazard to infants: "Many parents are now aware of the dangers of grapes and cut them in half," she wrote.

"Many parents don't even see these chocolate treats as a danger but they are and mustn't be given to children under four! I cringe every time I see little ones munching on these delicious treats.

"They are hard and the perfect shape to get lodged in a child's throat. If this post saves a little one from a terrible accident then it's worth me posting. My children are often bought these at Easter but sorry boys Mummy has to eat these."

Advert
The small size of the eggs makes them a choking hazard (Credit: Alamy)
The small size of the eggs makes them a choking hazard (Credit: Alamy)

Similar warnings can be found across social media, with one Twitter post reading:

"Please remember that Mini Eggs are a choking hazard and not advised to be given to children under 4 years of age. Please choose larger eggs that can be broken up & would not obstruct an airway"

Credit: Twitter
Credit: Twitter
Advert

In a statement given to the Daily Mirror a spokesperson for Cadbury said: "“The safety of our customers is of the utmost importance to us and we ensure that all of our Cadbury Mini Eggs packaging very clearly carries the following warning: Choking Hazard: This product is Not suitable for children under 4.”

It's not just Mini Eggs that parents should be wary of - Maltesers and Smarties should also not be given to young children.

Credit: Alamy
Credit: Alamy

First Aid For Life have shared a guide on how to avoid choking hazards this Easter, and have told the story of a mother whose daughter choked on the aforementioned chocolate mini eggs.

Advert

The grieving mother, who has remained anonymous, wrote: "With Easter coming up I want to warn you all about another deadly choking hazard, one that tragically took away my precious little girl Sophie. She had choked on a mini egg and I was unable to dislodge it. I watched the light slip away from my babies eyes, I tried in vain to save her."

Featured Image Credit: Alamy/PA

Topics: News, Food and Drink, Easter

Isobel Pankhurst
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Celebrity

Coleen Rooney's Leaked Instagram Stories Are Shown In Court For The First Time

16 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Celebrity

Britney Spears Praised For Breaking Stigma Of '12-Week Rule'

2 days ago