• News
  • Life
  • TV & Film
  • Beauty
  • Style
  • Home
  • News
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Royal Family
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Documentaries
    • Netflix
    • BBC
    • ITV
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
    • Fashion
    • Shopping
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
James Martin provides positive health update after cancer diagnosis

Home> Entertainment> Celebrity

Published 15:27 15 Apr 2024 GMT+1

James Martin provides positive health update after cancer diagnosis

James Martin has some good news about his cancer diagnosis

Britt Jones

Britt Jones

TV chef James Martin has released an update following his cancer diagnosis.

The BBC Saturday Kitchen Live presenter has been donning our screens to teach us how to make delicious meals since 2006, before going on to ITV for his Saturday Morning with James Martin show which ended earlier this year.

However, the 51-year-old dropped a bombshell last year following an audio leak from 2018, causing him to respond and reveal he endured a cancer diagnosis at the time.

After going through surgery for cancer on his face that same year, his health condition went on to return several times.

Advert

Now, the chef has some positive news about his diagnosis.

Earlier today (15 April) Martin appeared on Lorraine for one of his first returns to TV.

When Lorraine Kelly asked the 51-year-old how he was feeling, he responded: “Yes, the stitches have fallen out, as you know, the last time I was on, I was in the middle of operations.

"As we speak, the stitches have fallen out of my body at the moment and that's all clear, onwards and upwards!”

Advert

Let’s hope for an amazing come back!

James Martin has been public about his cancer treatment.
ITV

Having been called a ‘bully’ for the leaked 2018 audio from Martin’s Spanish Adventure, he said it was ‘one of the most fraught and difficult periods of my life’.

"I was then diagnosed with cancer on my face and I had to have surgery, which I couldn't do until two days before Christmas when we had finished filming," Martin said in a statement following the accusations.

Advert

“Since then, it has returned on several occasions and I have to have regular treatments."

He went on: “I have always strived to keep my private life private. However since details of a conversation, which was secretly recorded in January 2018, are now five years later being made public by a former member of our production team, I have decided to make a statement.

"The end of 2017 was one of the most fraught and difficult periods of my life. I was dealing with the death of my last living grandparent, my grandfather, and on account of work commitments I could not attend his funeral.

"Later that month, I was burgled at night by a team of masked men, who entered my house while my partner Louise was at home alone and I was away working.

Advert

"I was devastated that she had to go through that alone."

The TV chef faced controversy last year when leaked audio from 2018 emerged, with many labeling him as a 'bully'.
ITV

In a further statement to Tyla, Martin's production company, Blue Marlin Television, said: "An unfortunate incident occurred after filming James Martin's Saturday Morning in 2018 where James' home was badly damaged. Blue Marlin Television accepted responsibility.

"James was shocked by what had happened and on reflection acknowledges he responded emotionally, which he wholly regrets. James apologises for any offence or upset caused, as he did at the time to the crew involved.

Advert

"Following this and some issues filming James Martin’s Spanish Adventures, James and Blue Marlin Television agree that lessons have been learned which have been discussed with members of the team and with ITV.

"Blue Marlin Television and James Martin have taken on board ITV's recommendations and their sharing of best practice, and are in the process of fully implementing.

"Since the 2018 incident, Blue Marlin Television has continued to film over 500 shows at James’ home.

"Blue Marlin Television remains committed to ensuring the welfare of all those with whom they work is of the utmost priority."

Featured Image Credit: ITV

Topics: Health, BBC, ITV

Britt Jones
Britt Jones

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

23 hours ago
a day ago
  • Chip Somodevilla/Getty ImagesChip Somodevilla/Getty Images
    23 hours ago

    Kim Kardashian criticises Donald Trump's ICE raids in public speech

    The reality TV star addressed the 200,000 people who have been deported from the United States since Trump returned to the White House

    Entertainment
  • instagram/@chariah/@mayabenberryinstagram/@chariah/@mayabenberry
    a day ago

    Travis Kelce's ex Maya Benberry gave Taylor Swift surprising relationship warning

    The Chasing Travis alumna commented after the celebs went public with their relationship in 2023

    Entertainment
  • Instagram/@selenagomezInstagram/@selenagomez
    a day ago

    Selena Gomez praised by fans over one major detail from her bachelorette party

    The star is set to wed Benny Blacno after getting engaged last December

    Entertainment
  • ITVITV
    a day ago

    Rylan Clark responds to backlash over controversial immigration comments on This Morning

    The TV star has doubled down on his immigration views after initially sharing them on This Morning on Wednesday (27th August)

    Entertainment
  • Prince William gives health update on Kate Middleton following cancer diagnosis
  • Bindi Irwin gives emotional update on whether she’ll have more kids following health diagnosis
  • Dawson's Creek star James Van Der Beek apologises after friends find out about cancer diagnosis in the news
  • Parents left in tears after discovering 'secret message' from son who died of cancer 15 years ago