| Last updated
On Tuesday morning, she wrote: "There have been a significant number of media reports and allegations in regards to my personal life.
"While matters were not as have been reported, I am committed to co-operating with the appropriate authorities and I can't comment further on these matters until the legal process is over.
"However, Love Island has been my world for the last five years, it's the best show on telly."
She added: "In order to not distract attention from the upcoming series I feel the best thing I can do is to stand down for Series 6.
"I want to wish the incredible team working on the show a fantastic series in Cape Town."
Before concluding in a further post: "And on a really personal level, I have never experienced such kindness and love in my whole life.
"Not just from friends and family who are always the greatest... but also from total strangers who send messages to me offering help and understanding... please know that I see them.. and my boyfriend Lewis... I love you x(sic)".
Caroline was arrested and charged with assault by beating on Friday morning following a dispute with her boyfriend Lewis Burton at her North London home.
It comes just four weeks before the hit dating show is set to return to screens.
A Met Police spokesperson said at the time: "Caroline Flack, 40, of Islington was charged on Friday, 13 December with assault by beating.
"She will appear on bail at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on Monday, 23 December."
She is still in a relationship with Lewis, and despite the row, he has since publicly spoken out to defend her.
He wrote on his own social media: "I'm tired of the lies and abuse aimed at my girlfriend. This is not a witch hunt this is someone's life. [sic]"
Meanwhile, Caroline's ex Andrew Brady has said he was "not surprised" by her arrest, sharing a copy of what appeared to be an NDA he'd signed while they were engaged.
Alongside the image, he wrote: "#abusehasnogender" and turned off comments on the Instagram post.
Referencing rumours he'd signed something similar, Lewis added in his statement: "I have not signed any NDA. Why would I?
"Caroline is the most lovely girl. Loyal and kind. She doesn't deserve any of this".
Since Caroline's arrest, people have been pondering who could replace her on the ITV show, in anticipation for her resignation.
Radio 1 DJ Maya Jama is currently bookies' favourite to take the spot.
Meanwhile former I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Now! host Laura Whitmore has also been thrown into the ring alongside This Morning's Rochelle Humes.
One of last year's most popular islanders, Maura Higgins, sparked speculation she could be Caroline's replacement too, after she shared a picture on a private jet teasing an "exciting" project.
She later added fuel to the fire, sharing a topless picture on a hilltop and writing the new show's catchphrase: "Do one, winter."
However, since the post, Maura's boyfriend Curtis has rubbished claims she could be taking up the mantle.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read