• News
  • Life
  • TV & Film
  • Beauty
  • Style
  • Home
  • News
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Royal Family
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Documentaries
    • Netflix
    • BBC
    • ITV
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
    • Fashion
    • Shopping
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Love Island's Ekin-Su speaks out for first time about split from Davide

Home> Celebrity

Published 08:39 11 Jul 2023 GMT+1

Love Island's Ekin-Su speaks out for first time about split from Davide

Love Island 2022 winner Ekin-Su has released a statement following her shock split from Davide.

Callum Jones

Callum Jones

Featured Image Credit: Instagram / @ekinsuofficial / Karwai Tang/WireImage

Topics: Celebrity, Love Island, Sex and Relationships, TV And Film, ITV

Callum Jones
Callum Jones

Advert

Advert

Advert

Former Love Island contestant Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu has spoken out for the first time following her shock split from Davide Sanclimenti.

Over the years, romances that started on the popular ITV reality show have been a mixed bag.

The likes of Tommy Fury and Molly-Mae Hague have since had a child, while others have split up shortly after the show finished.

Last month, Ekin-Su and Davide announced they had split up 11 months after taking home the Love Island crown.

Advert

After bagging £50,000 each, the pair moved in with each other, and even filmed a travel show where they visited each other's countries to sample the local cuisine and traditions.

Davide and Ekin-Su moved in together after Love Island.
Instagram/@ekinsuofficial

But after reports said the couple were splitting up, Davide took to Instagram to confirm the sad reality.

He wrote: "@ekinsuofficial & I are no longer together.

Advert

"I am grateful for the memories and opportunities we shared together and wish her nothing but the best.

"I would like for everybody to respect this decision during this difficult time I will continue to support Ekin in any way possible."

On Monday (10 July), Ekin-Sku returned to social media for the first time since the split, after taking 'some much needed time away with her family.'

In a lengthy Instagram post, the Love Island star thanked fans for their 'kind and supportive' messages in recent days.

Advert

She wrote: "Hi everyone, I thought it was time to come back online to thank you so much for all of your messages over the past 2-weeks.

"It has shown me what a kind, supportive, strong community I have behind me. I took some much needed time away with my family which has been really special but now it's time to realign & get back to work.

Ekin-Su took to Instagram for the first time since the split was made public.
Instagram/@ekinsuofficial

"I have such an exciting year ahead & I want to fully focus on that. I really appreciate your ongoing support. Thank you for cheering me on. Ekin x."

Advert

Last month, Davide sat down with The Sun newspaper, where he admitted that the pressure of being in the public eye has had its impact on their relationship.

"Me and Ekin-Su had our struggles due to our public positions and we still have them sometimes," he said.

"If there's something that I would change or would have done differently [with Ekin-Su in the villa] maybe I would have taken things a bit more slowly."

In a statement following the split announcement, Davide played down suggestion he was in Ekin-Su's 'shadow', saying that the 'fake narratives' in the media had a 'massive' impact on his mental health.

Choose your content:

11 hours ago
12 hours ago
13 hours ago
14 hours ago
  • Chip Somodevilla/Getty ImagesChip Somodevilla/Getty Images
    11 hours ago

    Kim Kardashian criticises Donald Trump's ICE raids in public speech

    The reality TV star addressed the 200,000 people who have been deported from the United States since Trump returned to the White House

    Entertainment
  • instagram/@chariah/@mayabenberryinstagram/@chariah/@mayabenberry
    12 hours ago

    Travis Kelce's ex Maya Benberry gave Taylor Swift surprising relationship warning

    The Chasing Travis alumna commented after the celebs went public with their relationship in 2023

    Entertainment
  • Instagram/@selenagomezInstagram/@selenagomez
    13 hours ago

    Selena Gomez praised by fans over one major detail from her bachelorette party

    The star is set to wed Benny Blacno after getting engaged last December

    Entertainment
  • ITVITV
    14 hours ago

    Rylan Clark responds to backlash over controversial immigration comments on This Morning

    The TV star has doubled down on his immigration views after initially sharing them on This Morning on Wednesday (27th August)

    Entertainment
  • Love Island's Davide hints he's heading back into the villa following split from Ekin-Su
  • Love Island fans in shock after figuring out how old All Stars' Marcel really is
  • Molly-Mae makes sad confession about baby Bambi as she breaks silence on Tommy split for first time
  • Love Island star Ronnie Vint’s ex seemingly responds after he makes shocking claim on All Stars