Aaron Carter's family want his estate to go to one-year-old son
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: PictureLux / The Hollywood Archive / Alamy Stock Photo / @missmelaniemartin/Instagram
It’s been exactly a month since Aaron Carter sadly passed away at the age of 34 on 5 November, leaving behind his one-year-old son Prince, who he shared with his ex-fiancée.
And now, Aaron’s mum, Jane Carter, has spoken out about her grandson’s inheritance on Sunday (4 December).
Jane told TMZ that her family ‘doesn’t need the money’ and she wants Prince to ‘inherit all of his dad’s assets’.
She also said she’s keen to have a relationship with Prince, who she and Aaron's siblings are yet to meet due to him still being in full custody of his mum, Melanie Martin.
According to Page Six, Aaron’s personal property and real estate portfolio is worth around half a million dollars.
Although the star died without a will, California’s succession laws mean his portfolio will be inherited by Prince.
Also in a new interview, Melanie, the mum of Prince and Aaron's ex-fiancée, has said she doesn’t ‘want any bad blood’ with his relatives, adding: “I just want [Prince] to be taken care of.”
Speaking to US Weekly, Melanie spoke candidly about her hopes for her son’s future, insisting: “I don’t want any problems or stress over Aaron’s estate.”
She added: “I just want Prince to be taken care of and want Aaron’s legacy to live on … whoever wants to be in Prince’s life can be in Prince’s life.”
Just last week, the doting mum celebrated Prince’s first birthday, taking to Instagram to mark the milestone and reflect on Aaron’s passing.
She wrote: “Happy birthday to my baby boy Prince Lyric Carter. Today is going to be a tough one for me but I know your daddy is playing birthday songs for you up in heaven. I love you baby boy!”
Following Aaron’s death, his team released a statement that read: “We are extremely saddened and shocked to confirm the passing of Aaron Carter today.
“At the moment his cause of death is being investigated. We ask that you give the family time and they will have more information when available.
“We cannot express the outpouring of love coming in.”
Melanie released a separate statement to People, saying at the time: “My heart is completely broken over the passing of my fiancé Aaron. I knew he was struggling, and I tried everything to help him.
"He has a very independent and strong personality, and I couldn't help him in the way I felt he needed it.
"I only wish I had more people to help me with him. I will now be raising our son as a single mother and this is the worst day of my life, but I have to be strong for our son. I'm devastated."