tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Woman, 31, who became pregnant by 13-year-old boy avoids jail
Home>News
Updated 16:48 6 Mar 2023 GMTPublished 13:22 6 Mar 2023 GMT

Woman, 31, who became pregnant by 13-year-old boy avoids jail

A 31-year-old woman who became pregnant by a 13-year-old boy has avoided jail time.

Callum Jones

Callum Jones

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Fountain Police

Topics: News, True Crime

Callum Jones
Callum Jones

Advert

Advert

Advert

A 31-year-old woman who became pregnant from a 13-year-old boy will not face jail time.

Andrea Serrano admitted to having sex with the minor in June 2022 and later became pregnant as a result of the sexual assault.

After being originally arrested in July last year, the Colorado woman was freed shortly after on a $70,000 bond.

Advert

Back then, the Fountain Police Department charged Serrano with sexual assault on a child by one in a position of trust, as well as sexual assault on a child.

Not only did Serrano admit to having sex with the boy, but she also said that she was in a relationship with the minor.

KOAA also reported that Serrano and the minor had been living together for several weeks before the subsequent arrest happened.

Andrea Serrano is not facing jailtime, despite admitting to having sex with a 13-year-old.
Fountain Police

On Friday (3 March), reports said that Serrano's lawyers had come to a plea deal with prosecutors that would mean she would not be jailed for her crimes.

Instead, Serrano will be registered as a sex offender, but KKTV reported that Serrano could still face 10 years to life of 'sex offender intensive supervised probation'.

That sentence will be determined in May when a hearing will decide how long her period of probation will last for.

Since her arrest last year, Serrano has given birth to the teen's baby, who is currently in her care. However, the teen's family are planning to go to the courts to try and gain custody of the newborn.

Serrano's crimes were discovered after a therapist suspected something suspicious and came forward with the sexual assault allegations.

And after she was interviewed by police, the woman confessed to all her crimes, which many would expect would lead to a prison sentence.

Serrano confessed to all her crimes after being interviewed by police.
Fountain Police

Understandably, the victim's mother is not happy about the plea deal that was recently made public.

Speaking to KKTV, she said: "I feel like my son is robbed of his childhood. Now he’s having to be a father. He’s a victim, and he’s going to have to live with that for the rest of his life.

"I feel like if she was a man and he was a little girl, it would definitely be different.

"They would be seeking more. I feel like because he is not a woman, they are not. They are having compassion for her."

Serrano is also due back in court in March where she is facing two additional misdemeanor charges for violating the terms of a restraining order.

If you’ve been affected by any of these issues and want to speak to someone in confidence regarding the welfare of a child, contact the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000, 8am–10pm Monday to Friday, 9am–6pm weekends. If you are a child seeking advice and support, call Childline for free on 0800 1111

Choose your content:

8 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Instagram/@karlcbushby
    8 mins ago

    Man who started walking home from Chile to England 27 years ago is almost there

    Karl Bushby has been walking in an unbroken path from Chile to Hull - including a few hairy moments along the way

    News
  • Getty Stock Images
    an hour ago

    Boys convicted of 11 counts of rape of two teenage girls spared jail

    Police and Crime Commissioner Donna Jones has called out the 'leniency' of the judge's sentencing

    News
  • Getty Stock Images
    2 hours ago

    Call for vaping to be treated like smoking and banned indoors

    Around one in 10 adults uses e-cigarettes every day or occasionally, according to the Office for National Statistics

    News
  • JUSTIN TALLIS/AFP via Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor investigated over 'sexual misconduct' as police share new details

    Thames Valley Police have issued a statement regarding the former Duke of York

    News
  • Sad update given on five-year-old boy who was detained by ICE
  • 'Iryna's Law' bill could see killer of 23-year-old Ukrainian woman executed by extremely rare method
  • Mother of surviving 13-year-old school shooting victim makes heartbreaking statement
  • Woman shot her husband dead because she was annoyed with him