tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Final Snapchat released of missing British teen Jay Slater before he disappeared in Tenerife
Home>News>Travel
Updated 15:14 24 Jun 2024 GMT+1Published 09:54 19 Jun 2024 GMT+1

Final Snapchat released of missing British teen Jay Slater before he disappeared in Tenerife

The search for 19-year-old Jay Slater continues

Mia Williams

Mia Williams

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Family Handout

Topics: Social Media, Travel, UK News, Jay Slater

Mia Williams
Mia Williams

Advert

Advert

Advert

A Snapchat video of missing teen Jay Slater before he disappeared in Tenerife shows what he was wearing.

The search for 19-year-old Jay Slater continues, after he went missing on Monday in Tenerife after travelling to attend a music festival.

The British teen had been on the Canary Island with friends, before he parted ways with them and stayed out with a new group of people.

He then returned to their apartment in a more rural and mountainous part of the island.

Advert

The search for Jay Slater in Tenerife continues. (Handout by family)
The search for Jay Slater in Tenerife continues. (Handout by family)

After leaving the apartment at around 8am the next day, he phoned his friend Lucy at 8.50am to say he was lost in the ‘middle of nowhere’, had 1% phone battery and needed a drink of water.

That was the last anyone has heard from Jay.

Lucy said he was walking back to his accommodation on the south side of the island from a house he'd stayed at on the Sunday night.

But the walk, according to maps, says it would have taken him 10 hours.

A Snapchat video of Jay before he went missing has been released, showing what he was wearing at the time.

He is seen in a grey t-shirt with green stripes on the shoulders and is carrying a black bag. It's likely this is what he was wearing when he went missing the next morning.

Jay Slater's last snapchat before going missing. (Snapchat/Jay Slater)
Jay Slater's last snapchat before going missing. (Snapchat/Jay Slater)

Jay’s mum Debbie and his brother Zak have since flown out to Tenerife to help in the search for him.

Jay's last known location was the National Park of Teno, a popular hiking spot in Tenerife.

Speaking to the Manchester Evening News, Debbie said: “I’m obviously beside myself with worry which is why I’ve flown out here with my eldest son to do anything we can to help.

“We’re just praying the police or someone finds Jay. I know there’s a mountain rescue team out and a helicopter.

Jay's last seen location was in a rural part of the island. (Handout by family)
Jay's last seen location was in a rural part of the island. (Handout by family)

“Nothing’s ever going to be enough when your youngest son’s gone missing but it sounds as if the police here are taking this very seriously and doing the best job they can.”

Jay's parents were told the terrible news that their son was missing at 2:30am on the Tuesday (18 June) morning, with his stepfather Andy saying that police knocked on their door and told them 'the best thing you can do is get yourself out there'.

The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office have said: “We are supporting the family of a British man who has been reported missing in Spain and are in contact with the local authorities.”

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Alex Wroblewski/CNP/Bloomberg via Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Donald Trump Jr. and Bettina Anderson set wedding date as they opt for unexpected venue

    The pair first started dating a few years ago in 2024, with Trump Jr. popping the question in December of last year

    News
  • Stefan Wermuth/Bloomberg via Getty Images
    an hour ago

    WHO chief reacts to Ebola outbreak in Central Africa with move he's 'never made before'

    Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, of the World Health Organisation, admitted to being 'deeply concerned' about the outbreak in Central Africa

    News
  • Ben STANSALL - WPA Pool/Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Meghan Markle defended after people accuse her of 'rewearing' wedding dress

    Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, changed into a silk Stella McCartney gown for her and Prince Harry's 2018 wedding reception

    News
  • Badru Katumba / AFP via Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Experts issue pandemic warning after Ebola outbreak emergency and hantavirus spread

    The Global Preparedness Monitoring Board has issued a stark warning amid the ongoing infectious disease outbreaks

    News
  • Missing Brit Jay Slater was seen 'walking alone' before vanishing, Tenerife local says
  • Mum of missing Brit Jay Slater speaks out amid ‘traumatic’ search for son who disappeared in Tenerife
  • Police searching for missing Jay Slater make request to volunteers as hunt for teen intensifies
  • Jay Slater’s family friend makes vow after police end search for missing Brit in Tenerife