tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Windsor Castle raided by masked men whilst Prince William and Kate Middleton slept
Home>News>Royal Family
Updated 10:40 18 Nov 2024 GMTPublished 10:32 18 Nov 2024 GMT

Windsor Castle raided by masked men whilst Prince William and Kate Middleton slept

The royal estate came under threat as the Prince and Princess of Wales and their children slept in their cottage

Mia Williams

Mia Williams

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Samir Hussein/WireImage/Steve Christo - Corbis/Corbis via Getty Images

Topics: Crime, Kate Middleton, Prince William, Royal Family

Mia Williams
Mia Williams

Advert

Advert

Advert

Windsor Castle was raided by two masked men earlier this year, while Prince William, Kate Middleton, and their children slept in the estate's Adelaide Cottage.

It has been reported that two masked men scaled a 6ft fence to break into the royal grounds, home to the Prince and Princess of Wales and their three children, on October 13.

The thieves smashed through a security gate, which was the closest exit to their family home, while driving on a quad bike stolen from a barn.

They were reportedly aiming for Shaw Farm, with their eyes on the valuable vehicles stored there.

Advert

The farm is an important part of the estate, as the Queen's funeral procession to Windsor Castle began from that very gate.

A source who spoke to the Sun said that the intruders 'must have been watching Windsor Castle for a while'.

Adelaide Cottage is home to the royal family of five. (Samir Hussein/WireImage/Steve Christo)
Adelaide Cottage is home to the royal family of five. (Samir Hussein/WireImage/Steve Christo)

King Charles and Queen Camilla were not at the residence at the time of the break-in, but the wrecked gate is an entrance that William and his family are seen using quite frequently.

Gun cops are now patrolling the two main public entrances to Windsor Castle.

The source said: "They would have to have known the vehicles were stored there before they broke in and known when was the best time to get and escape without being caught.

"So they must have been watching Windsor Castle for a while."

They added: "There are alarms at Windsor Castle but the first time anyone knew there was a break-in was when they crashed through the security barrier at Shaw Farm Gate exit.

"The barrier has needed to be replaced as it was so badly damaged."

It is thought that the family were present at the time. (Corbis/Corbis via Getty Images)
It is thought that the family were present at the time. (Corbis/Corbis via Getty Images)

It is presumed that Prince George, 11, Princess Charlotte, nine, and six-year-old Prince Louis were all have been sleeping in bed.

The source explained: "It was a Sunday night on a school week, so the young princes and princess would have been tucked in bed at Adelaide Cottage, just around the corner but still in the grounds."

William and Kate moved to Adelaide Cottage in the summer of 2022.

They previously lived in an apartment in Kensington Palace, which they now use as an office when travelling to London for work.

On Sunday (November 17) night, a spokesman for Thames Valley Police confirmed: “At around 11.45pm on Sunday October 13, we received a report of burglary at a property on Crown Estate land near to the A308 in Windsor.

“Offenders entered a farm building and made off with a black Isuzu pick-up and a red quad bike.

"They then made off towards the Old Windsor/Datchet area.

“No arrests have been made at this stage and an investigation is ongoing."

Choose your content:

14 hours ago
15 hours ago
16 hours ago
  • YouTube/ Kirklees Council Live Streaming
    14 hours ago

    Newly-elected Reform councillor makes concerning confession during first meeting

    Sarah Wood raised concerns after objecting to a vote during the chaotic meeting

    News
  • war.gov/UFO
    14 hours ago

    The White House releases top secret UFO files and images

    A second batch of files has been released by the government, referring to 'fireballs' and more

    News
  • Chris Jackson/Getty Images
    15 hours ago

    Royal ‘objected’ to ‘common’ Kate Middleton marrying Prince William

    Royal author Christopher Andersen has alleged that one member of the royal family was among 'Kate’s fiercest critics'

    News
  • Mustafa Ciftci/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
    16 hours ago

    Warning over when it's too hot to walk your dog as heatwave looms

    The upcoming bank holiday weekend is set to see the hottest day of the year so far in the UK

    News
  • Royal ‘objected’ to ‘common’ Kate Middleton marrying Prince William
  • Prince William and Kate Middleton just quietly changed their titles
  • Prince William and Kate Middleton finally address Epstein files revelations involving Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor
  • Newest Royal Family member joins Kate Middleton and Prince William during Scotland visit