• News
  • Life
  • TV & Film
  • Beauty
  • Style
  • Home
  • News
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Royal Family
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Documentaries
    • Netflix
    • BBC
    • ITV
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
    • Fashion
    • Shopping
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Royal fans saddened after hearing Prince George’s three-word complaint at public appearance

Home> News> Royal Family

Published 10:50 15 Jul 2025 GMT+1

Royal fans saddened after hearing Prince George’s three-word complaint at public appearance

Many fans took to social media to express their own opinions on Prince George's complaint

Lucy Devine

Lucy Devine

Royal fans have been commenting on an unearthed video of Prince George at Wimbledon, with many expressing how sad they feel over a short comment he made on the way into the tournament.

While the video is from 2022 - when George made his first Wimbledon appearance - people have been revisiting the clip in light of this year's Wimbledon Men's Singles Final, which took place over the weekend.

On Sunday (July 13), the Prince and Princess of Wales attended the match with their two eldest children, Prince George, 11 and Princess Charlotte, 10.

Their youngest son, Prince Louis, did not attend, however, at the age of seven, Louis is still younger than both George and Charlotte were when they made their debut appearance at Wimbledon, aged eight.

Advert

With a heatwave over the weekend, many people commented on George having to wear formal attire for the event.

The 11-year-old could be seen in a suit, complete with and jacket.

Prince George said he was 'too hot' during Wimbledon 2022 (Karwai Tang/WireImage)
Prince George said he was 'too hot' during Wimbledon 2022 (Karwai Tang/WireImage)

Now, it seems to always be the case that the temperatures are sweltering during the Wimbledon tournament.

Advert

And back in 2022, fans were left saddened over a video of Prince George arriving at his first Wimbledon and telling his parents he was 'too hot'.

In the clip, he says: "It's too hot."

William tries to comfort his son, and Kate adds: "You just have to feel for the people sitting in the bright sunshine."

But people were sad for the prince nonetheless, with one writing on social media: "Maybe let the kid wear summer clothes in the hot sun. The public don't expect to see a child in a suit at Wimbledon."

Advert

While another said: "Why does he always have to be dressed up in a hot suit?"

And a third added: "Poor lad shirt and tie is a bit much for hot weather."

Kate and Will arrived with their eldest children, George and Charlotte (Karwai Tang/WireImage)
Kate and Will arrived with their eldest children, George and Charlotte (Karwai Tang/WireImage)

However, another added: "For anyone wondering, you have to wear suits in the royal box at Wimbledon. They couldn’t do anything about it."

Advert

While a second said: "A smart polo shirt with trousers would be ideal. Still smart without him perishing!"

Some were sad that George has to wear a suit (Ray Tang/Anadolu via Getty Images)
Some were sad that George has to wear a suit (Ray Tang/Anadolu via Getty Images)

The Royal Box dress code outlines that men are expected to wear a jacket and tie or a full suit, while women have to follow a 'smart attire' dress-code.

"Ladies are asked not to wear hats, as they tend to obscure the vision of those seated behind them," the official website adds.

Advert

Tyla has previously contacted Buckingham Palace for comment.

Featured Image Credit: ADRIAN DENNIS/AFP via Getty Images

Topics: Kate Middleton, Prince George, Prince William, Princess Charlotte, Wimbledon, Weather

Lucy Devine
Lucy Devine

Lucy is a journalist working for Tyla. After graduating with a master's degree in journalism, she has worked in both print and online and is particularly interested in fashion, food, health and women's issues. Northerner, coffee addict, says hun a lot.

X

@lucedevine

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

a day ago
  • OceanGateOceanGate
    a day ago

    Billionaire planning trip to Titanic wreckage two years after Oceangate disaster

    A billionaire whose 'name you would recognise' is reportedly gearing up to journey to the Titanic wreckage

    News
  • Al Drago/Bloomberg via Getty ImagesAl Drago/Bloomberg via Getty Images
    a day ago

    People think the gold in Donald Trump’s new White House renovations might not be real

    One social media user claimed some of the objects were 'probably just spray-painted gold'

    News
  • Kenny Holston-Pool/Getty ImagesKenny Holston-Pool/Getty Images
    a day ago

    Donald Trump has revoked Kamala Harris’ Secret Service protection

    The news comes despite former President Joe Biden quietly extending it before exiting office

    News
  • Scott Olson/Getty ImagesScott Olson/Getty Images
    a day ago

    JD Vance fuels outrage after 'disgraceful' driving act in an attempt to avoid protesters

    A video of the American Vice President's motorcade attempting to avoid protestors in Wisconsin is circulating online

    News
  • Prince William and Kate Middleton address royal fans' complaint about their kids' Wimbledon appearance
  • Prince George’s royal title might be temporarily taken away by William and Kate
  • Prince William and Kate Middleton make history as they move family to unexpected location
  • Prince George and Princess Charlotte make Wimbledon appearance with parents but royal fans have one complaint