tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Prince William speaks out after father King Charles diagnosed with cancer
Home>News>Royal Family
Updated 20:07 7 Feb 2024 GMTPublished 19:58 7 Feb 2024 GMT

breaking

Prince William speaks out after father King Charles diagnosed with cancer

King Charles has been diagnosed with cancer and his eldest son has spoken out

Lucy Devine

Lucy Devine

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Chris Jackson/Chris Jackson/Getty Images For Buckingham Palace

Topics: Prince William, Kate Middleton, King Charles III

Lucy Devine
Lucy Devine

Lucy is a journalist working for Tyla. After graduating with a master's degree in journalism, she has worked in both print and online and is particularly interested in fashion, food, health and women's issues. Northerner, coffee addict, says hun a lot.

X

@lucedevine

Advert

Advert

Advert

Prince William has spoken publicly following the news that King Charles has been diagnosed with a form of cancer.

News of King Charles's cancer was announced on Monday (February 5) by the palace.

Prince William has spoken publicly following the news of King Charles's health.
Samir Hussein/WireImage

A statement read: “During The King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer.

Advert

“His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties. Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.

“The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible.

“His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.”

King Charles has been diagnosed with cancer.
Chris Jackson/WPA Pool /Getty Images

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak reacted to the news of the King’s cancer diagnosis by posting on X: “Wishing His Majesty a full and speedy recovery.

“I have no doubt he’ll be back to full strength in no time and I know the whole country will be wishing him well.”

The news comes just days after the monarch was treated for an enlarged prostate.

The Prince of Wales has now spoken about his father's diagnosis at an event in London today (7 February).

Arriving at a gala for the London Air Ambulance Service in central London, the Prince of Wales said: "We really appreciate everyone's kind messages. Thank you".

It is the first time Prince William has made reference to the King's diagnosis since the news was announced earlier this week.

This is the first time Prince William has addressed his father's diagnosis.
Chris Jackson/Getty Images

Prince Harry also flew in from California to visit his father, and has since returned home after meeting with the King.

The Prince of Wales returned to work at an investiture ceremony in Windsor Castle and received people's 'good wishes' for King Charles there.

Prince William had taken time off work to support his wife after she had been admitted to hospital and on 16 January underwent abdominal surgery.

For the time being, King Charles has postponed public facing duties, and the regular audiences between the King and the prime minister are set to resume in two weeks time on 21 February.

Choose your content:

19 hours ago
20 hours ago
  • YouTube/ Kirklees Council Live Streaming
    19 hours ago

    Newly-elected Reform councillor makes concerning confession during first meeting

    Sarah Wood raised concerns after objecting to a vote during the chaotic meeting

    News
  • war.gov/UFO
    19 hours ago

    The White House releases top secret UFO files and images

    A second batch of files has been released by the government, referring to 'fireballs' and more

    News
  • Chris Jackson/Getty Images
    20 hours ago

    Royal ‘objected’ to ‘common’ Kate Middleton marrying Prince William

    Royal author Christopher Andersen has alleged that one member of the royal family was among 'Kate’s fiercest critics'

    News
  • Mustafa Ciftci/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
    20 hours ago

    Warning over when it's too hot to walk your dog as heatwave looms

    The upcoming bank holiday weekend is set to see the hottest day of the year so far in the UK

    News
  • Prince William surprises fans with continuing 165-year-old royal tradition
  • Prince William and Kate Middleton just given major new royal roles by King Charles, palace confirms
  • Royal ‘objected’ to ‘common’ Kate Middleton marrying Prince William
  • British radio station issues apology after wrongly announcing King Charles III's death