• News
  • Life
  • TV & Film
  • Beauty
  • Style
  • Home
  • News
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Royal Family
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Documentaries
    • Netflix
    • BBC
    • ITV
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
    • Fashion
    • Shopping
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Meghan Markle addresses leaving Prince Harry during public event amid ‘professional separation’ reports

Home> News> Royal Family

Updated 09:35 13 Feb 2025 GMTPublished 09:27 13 Feb 2025 GMT

Meghan Markle addresses leaving Prince Harry during public event amid ‘professional separation’ reports

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were spotted at Canada's Invictus Games earlier this week

Rhiannon Ingle

Rhiannon Ingle

Over the weekend, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle headed to the Invictus Games opening ceremony to celebrate the start of the seventh international multi-sport event which was founded by the prince himself in 2014.

After enjoying a number of events together, the Duchess of Sussex has since flown back to California to be with her two children, Archie, five, and Lilibet, three.

Harry, however, still remains in Canada as the tournament is to end in a few days' time on Sunday (16 February).

Advert

Meghan has since addressed leaving her hubby at the Invictus Games amid reports of their 'professional separation'.

She took to Instagram on Wednesday (12 February) to share an update with her 1.7 million followers.

She posted a photo of an array of Invictus-themed sweet treats alongside the caption: "Menu taste of Canada and The Invictus Games for our little ones!"

Advert

The mum-of-two added: "Cheering you on from home!"

Explaining Meghan's decision to leave the Games early, something that was always part of the plan, an insider explained to the MailOnline: "This was always planned. Meghan is going home to be with her children."

However, amid rumours of a 'professional separation', PR expert Edward Coram James claims Meghan should have 'left the Games to Harry'.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attended the Invictus Games opening ceremony together (Karwai Tang / Contributor / Getty Images)
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attended the Invictus Games opening ceremony together (Karwai Tang / Contributor / Getty Images)

Advert

"Meghan should leave the Invictus Games to Harry. It’s his project, and he’s more than capable of drumming up support and publicity for this incredible cause. Their joint brand has become tainted over the years - not through any fault of their own, but due to woeful PR," he told the Mirror.

"Meghan’s presence was always going to be a lose-lose situation - damned if she did, damned if she didn’t. But ultimately, it’s a distraction for many people.

"That said, from a PR standpoint, she handled it well. She was engaged but not overbearing, affectionate but not too performative. Still, she needs to recognise that no matter what she does, her critics will say she’s making it about herself."

At the end of last year, it was reported that the pair were undergoing a 'professional separation'.

Advert

Meghan took to Instagram to share an update after leaving Prince Harry in Canada to be with her children in California (Instagram/@meghan)
Meghan took to Instagram to share an update after leaving Prince Harry in Canada to be with her children in California (Instagram/@meghan)

Previously, there was rarely a social appointment that Meghan and Harry - who tied the knot in 2018 after two years of dating - did not attend together.

But ever since they returned home from a joint charity trip to Colombia back in August, they seem to have gone their separate ways in their professional lives.

A royal insider alleged that their pair's focus on separate, solo endeavours, however, is a conscious decision, and that they'd made it with their professional futures in mind.

Advert

"Harry and Meghan have consistently pursued solo ventures in connection with their individual interests," the insider told Hello!.

"But remain deeply committed to their joint efforts through Archewell [their joint charity, formed in 2020].

"Together they have exciting projects in the pipeline, all driving forward their shared mission for positive global impact."

Tyla has previously reached out to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's representatives for comment.

Featured Image Credit: Karwai Tang/WireImage

Topics: Meghan Markle, Celebrity, Royal Family, Prince Harry, Sex and Relationships

Rhiannon Ingle
Rhiannon Ingle

Rhiannon Ingle is a Senior Journalist at Tyla, specialising in TV, film, travel, and culture. A graduate of the University of Manchester with a degree in English Literature, she honed her editorial skills as the Lifestyle Editor of The Mancunian, the UK’s largest student newspaper. With a keen eye for storytelling, Rhiannon brings fresh perspectives to her writing, blending critical insight with an engaging style. Her work captures the intersection of entertainment and real-world experiences.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

a day ago
  • OceanGateOceanGate
    a day ago

    Billionaire planning trip to Titanic wreckage two years after Oceangate disaster

    A billionaire whose 'name you would recognise' is reportedly gearing up to journey to the Titanic wreckage

    News
  • Al Drago/Bloomberg via Getty ImagesAl Drago/Bloomberg via Getty Images
    a day ago

    People think the gold in Donald Trump’s new White House renovations might not be real

    One social media user claimed some of the objects were 'probably just spray-painted gold'

    News
  • Kenny Holston-Pool/Getty ImagesKenny Holston-Pool/Getty Images
    a day ago

    Donald Trump has revoked Kamala Harris’ Secret Service protection

    The news comes despite former President Joe Biden quietly extending it before exiting office

    News
  • Scott Olson/Getty ImagesScott Olson/Getty Images
    a day ago

    JD Vance fuels outrage after 'disgraceful' driving act in an attempt to avoid protesters

    A video of the American Vice President's motorcade attempting to avoid protestors in Wisconsin is circulating online

    News
  • ‘Real reason’ Meghan Markle left Prince Harry during public event amid ‘professional separation’ reports
  • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle release joint video amid professional 'separation'
  • Prince Harry issues statement amid professional ‘separation’ from Meghan Markle
  • Meghan Markle reveals one surprising thing she misses about UK after fleeing to US with Prince Harry