tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Two bodies found in search for missing TV presenter Jesse Baird and his partner
Home>News
Updated 10:48 27 Feb 2024 GMTPublished 10:13 27 Feb 2024 GMT

Two bodies found in search for missing TV presenter Jesse Baird and his partner

They were last seen on 19 February in Paddington, a suburb of Sydney

Jess Hardiman

Jess Hardiman

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Instagram/@jessebairddd

Topics: Crime, Australia

Jess Hardiman
Jess Hardiman

Jess is Entertainment Desk Lead at LADbible Group. She graduated from Manchester University with a degree in Film Studies, English Language and Linguistics. You can contact Jess at [email protected].

X

@Jess_Hardiman

Advert

Advert

Advert

Two bodies have been found in the search for missing TV presenter Jesse Baird and his partner Luke Davies.

Baird, 26, and Davies, 29, were last seen on 19 February in Paddington, a suburb of Sydney, New South Wales.

Police expressed their 'grave concerns’ when a ‘significant’ amount of blood was discovered in Baird’s home, while their bloodied belongings were also found dumped in a skip in Cronulla, 17 miles away from the crime scene.

Jesse Baird.
Network 10

Advert

Policeman Beaumont Lamarre-Condon – who is Baird’s ex-boyfriend – later handed himself in after being sought by police.

Two bodies have now been found in the search for the two men, with New South Wales Police saying: "As part of the ongoing investigations under Strike Force Ashfordby, homicide detectives attended a correctional facility about 11am today (Tuesday 27 February 2024), and spoke to a 28-year-old man.

"Investigators subsequently attended a second property on Jerrara Road, Bungonia, about 1pm this afternoon.

"At the property, human remains were located, and a crime scene was established, which is being forensically examined.

"While the bodies are yet to be formally identified, they are believed to be that of Luke Davies and Jesse Baird. A post-mortem examination will be conducted to confirm the cause of death.

Luke Davies.
NSW Police

"Investigations under Strike Force Asfordby continue."

Baird, 26, worked as a red carpet reporter for Network 10’s morning show Studio 10 - until the programme was cancelled in December last year – while Davies worked as a Qantas flight attendant.

Police allege that Lamarre-Condon killed the couple at their home in Paddington using a police-issued handgun, hiring a white van to dispose of their bodies.

Detective Superintendent Daniel Doherty said a bullet matching Lamarre-Condon's service gun was found at Baird’s home, with the gun itself later found in a safe at the police station.

Last week, he said it was crucial that the victims’ bodies were located to help provide answers to their ‘grieving’ relatives.

Beaumont Lamarre-Condon.
Nine

"They [the families] have received the news of the charging and what the charges are which is murder, so they have now been obviously devastated by the news,” Doherty told press.

"We believe there is sufficient evidence to proceed with those charges due to the evidence we have up-to-date and we continue to support and contact the family."

Doherty added: "It's really important that we do locate the bodies, not only for the cause of death but the answers for the family because they are still grieving."

Choose your content:

15 hours ago
16 hours ago
19 hours ago
  • Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
    15 hours ago

    British radio station issues apology after wrongly announcing King Charles III's death

    The Station Manager of Radio Caroline, Peter Moore, took to Facebook to issue a statement following the major blunder

    News
  • Charlotte Coney/Getty Images
    16 hours ago

    Father pays devastating tribute to three daughters who all died in Brighton beach incident

    The identities of the three women whose bodies were recovered from the sea off Brighton beach have been released

    News
  • Instagram/@meghan
    16 hours ago

    Heartwarming meaning behind Prince Harry's anniversary gift to Meghan Markle

    Meghan shared a rare family moment as their anniversary celebrations took an unexpected turn

    News
  • Gisela Schober/Getty Images
    19 hours ago

    Channel 4 boss says she is 'deeply sorry’ over MAFS UK rape allegations

    Priya Dogra, the chief executive of Channel 4, insisted welfare across the broadcaster is still 'hugely important'

    News
  • Policeman charged with murder after 26-year-old TV presenter and boyfriend confirmed dead