• News
  • Life
  • TV & Film
  • Beauty
  • Style
  • Home
  • News
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Royal Family
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Documentaries
    • Netflix
    • BBC
    • ITV
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
    • Fashion
    • Shopping
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
New Video Suggests Archie Battersbee Is 'Trying To Breathe On His Own'

Home> News

Updated 21:16 26 Jul 2022 GMT+1Published 20:59 26 Jul 2022 GMT+1

New Video Suggests Archie Battersbee Is 'Trying To Breathe On His Own'

The video comes after an appeal court ruled that Archie's life support could be lawfully switched off by doctors.

Lucy Devine

Lucy Devine

Featured Image Credit: SWNS/Hollie Dance

Topics: News, No Article Matching

Lucy Devine
Lucy Devine

Lucy is a journalist working for Tyla. After graduating with a master's degree in journalism, she has worked in both print and online and is particularly interested in fashion, food, health and women's issues. Northerner, coffee addict, says hun a lot.

X

@lucedevine

Advert

Advert

Advert

Archie Battersbee's mother claims a new video of her son proves he is trying to breathe on his own.

The video has been released following an appeal court ruling on Monday that Archie's life support could be lawfully switched off by doctors.

You can watch the video below:


Archie's mother, Hollie Dance, believes her 12-year-old son is able to breathe without the respirator. On Monday, the Christian Legal Centre - who are supporting Archie's family - shared the clip on its website.

Advert

They explained: "The judgment comes following video evidence from Archie’s mum, Hollie Dance, which suggested that the 12-year-old had made attempts to take breaths over the weekend."

Following the decision on Monday, Archie's family intend to take the case to the European Court of Human Rights.

The family have been given 48 hours to make a decision over their next step, which expires at 2:00pm on Wednesday 27 July, but immediately after the ruling, their lawyer indicated they would be appealing to the European court.

Archie's mum believes his injuries might be from taking part in an online challenge.
Alamy.

Advert

After Archie was found unconscious by his mum at his home in Southend-on-Sea, Essex on 7 April, the youngster was rushed to hospital where he received treatment. However doctors at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, east London, now believe it was 'highly likely' he was 'brain-stem dead' after an MRI scan was completed.

The appeal from Archie’s parents came after Judge Arbuthnot’s ruling on 13 June which said: "I find that Archie died at noon on May 31, 2022, which was shortly after the MRI scans taken that day.

"I find that irreversible cessation of brain stem function has been conclusively established. I give permission to the medical professionals at the Royal London Hospital to cease to ventilate mechanically Archie Battersbee."

Archie has not woken up from the coma.
Alamy.

Advert

This week, Archie's father Paul Battersbee was rushed to hospital before Monday's court ruling.

Paul had fallen ill outside of court before the start of the hearing.

Barrister Edward Devereux QC, leading the legal team for Archie’s parents, had asked for the ruling to be adjourned and told judges that Mr Battersbee, who is in his 50s, had been taken to hospital and was feared to have suffered a heart attack or stroke.

Despite the incident, appeal judges refused to adjourn the ruling. A family spokesman today said Paul had spent a night in hospital but was doing 'OK now'.

  • Man sentenced to prison after faking his own death to start new life with mistress
  • Zelenskyy has unexpectedly brutal comeback to reporter who commented on his outfit at White House
  • Influencer announces own death in heartbreaking video just weeks after welcoming his first child
  • Bizarre 'reason' why Donald Trump buried first ex-wife on his own golf course

Choose your content:

a day ago
  • OceanGateOceanGate
    a day ago

    Billionaire planning trip to Titanic wreckage two years after Oceangate disaster

    A billionaire whose 'name you would recognise' is reportedly gearing up to journey to the Titanic wreckage

    News
  • Al Drago/Bloomberg via Getty ImagesAl Drago/Bloomberg via Getty Images
    a day ago

    People think the gold in Donald Trump’s new White House renovations might not be real

    One social media user claimed some of the objects were 'probably just spray-painted gold'

    News
  • Kenny Holston-Pool/Getty ImagesKenny Holston-Pool/Getty Images
    a day ago

    Donald Trump has revoked Kamala Harris’ Secret Service protection

    The news comes despite former President Joe Biden quietly extending it before exiting office

    News
  • Scott Olson/Getty ImagesScott Olson/Getty Images
    a day ago

    JD Vance fuels outrage after 'disgraceful' driving act in an attempt to avoid protesters

    A video of the American Vice President's motorcade attempting to avoid protestors in Wisconsin is circulating online

    News