Woman's face becomes unrecognisable after suffering shocking effects of sun poisoning
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: TikTok/@llioeriin
One woman's face has become totally unrecognisable after she came down with a nasty case of sun poisoning.
Hoping to catch a tan on holiday, it's clear that she got a whole lot more than she bargained for.
The effects were so serious that she wasn't even able to open her eyes after the immense facial swelling. Take a look:
The woman posted a compilation of photos and videos to TikTok documenting her drastic reaction to too much sun.
She captioned the short clip: "Watch me get sun poisoning."
The first shot showed the woman posing on a sunny beach in the day with the narration: "Me expecting to get a nice tan on holiday."
Flash-forward to the evening and she realised that her forehead 'started to swell', showing the early stages of what would go on to become a full-blown fiasco.
Only slightly swollen at this point, it wasn't until the next morning when things got really bad.
"Woke up the next morning with a swollen eye," she told her followers.
She revealed that the swelling on her right eye was so bad that she 'couldn't open' it.
Throughout the day, it was 'still getting worse' and when she went for a nap and both eyes ended up becoming fused shut.
She continued: "Woke up to both my eyes swollen."
Before sarcastically calling her new look 'cute', the woman went on to reveal: "Both of my eyes were shut and I couldn't see anything."
Using her story as some sort of cautionary tale, she warned viewers: "Remember to wear suncream."
And it didn't stop here.
While at the airport the next day, the woman's face started 'peeling'.
After finally getting herself over to A&E looking like a 'chipmunk', the woman's face finally started showing some signs of calming down.
The video has since received over seven million views, with thousands of people rushing to share their reactions to the woman's holiday from hell.
One TikTok user commented: "New fear unlocked."
"The way I would think I was dying," admitted another.
"So..." asked a third, "sun poisoning is a thing!?"
It most certainly is.
WebMD explains: "Sun poisoning doesn't really mean you've been poisoned. It is often the term used for a severe case of sunburn."
Such symptoms include skin redness, swelling, nausea and blistering.
"You can become severely sunburned if you stay in the sun a long time and don't wear protection," the site adds.
So, be sure to slap on that factor 30 next time you're sunning it up.