
Officials have now issued an update on the Winter Olympics condom crisis in the athletes’ village.
Now, there has clearly been a lot of sex at this year's Winter Games, with one anonymous athlete telling Italian newspaper La Stampa last Thursday (12 February): "The supplies sold out in just three days. They promised us more will arrive, but who knows when."
The Milan Cortina Olympics organising committee later confirmed the shortage to PEOPLE a few days later on Sunday (15 February).
"We can confirm that condom supplies in the Olympic Villages were temporarily depleted due to higher-than-anticipated demand," they said.
Advert
The statement continued: "Additional supplies are being delivered and will be distributed across all Villages between today and Monday. They will be continuously replenished until the end of the Games to ensure continued availability."
"Shows that Valentine’s Day is in full swing in the village, and I don’t think I can add very much more to that," International Olympic Committee (IOC) spokesperson Mark Adams told reporters at a press conference on Saturday (14 February).

He continued: "Ten thousand have been used - 2,800 athletes - you can go figure, as they say.
"It is rule 62 of the Olympic Charter that we have to have a condoms story.
"Faster, higher, stronger, together."
The organising committee did not disclose how many condoms were procured for the Games this year, but La Stampa reported that the figure was under 10,000 for 2,871 athletes, which is far fewer than the 300,000 provided by organisers in Paris in 2024, where roughly 10,500 athletes competed.
Good news for the athletes as condoms have since reportedly been restocked, with a spokesperson for the Milan Cortina Olympics organising committee and the IOC confirming to USA TODAY Sports that more were provided over the beginning of the week.

"The IOC works closely with the Milano Cortina 2026 Organising Committee to support the mental and physical health of athletes, including supporting sexual health services," the IOC said in a statement to USA TODAY Sports.
"The details of the provision are determined by the OCOG [Organising Committee for the Olympic Games], and the IOC believes that appropriate services are available for all athletes."
The 2026 Winter Olympics kicked off earlier this month (6 February) and are set to come to an end at the end of this week on Sunday (22 February).
Topics: Olympics, Sport, World News, News, Sex and Relationships