tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Prince Harry reveals one thing he wants from the Royal Family in heartbreaking admission
Home>News>Royal Family
Published 12:35 5 May 2025 GMT+1

Prince Harry reveals one thing he wants from the Royal Family in heartbreaking admission

Prince Harry gave a bombshell interview after losing his legal challenge over security entitlement in the UK

Jess Hardiman

Jess Hardiman

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Stephen Pond/Getty Images

Topics: Royal Family, Prince Harry

Jess Hardiman
Jess Hardiman

Jess is Entertainment Desk Lead at LADbible Group. She graduated from Manchester University with a degree in Film Studies, English Language and Linguistics. You can contact Jess at [email protected].

X

@Jess_Hardiman

Advert

Advert

Advert

Prince Harry gave us all something to talk about last Friday when a bombshell interview with the BBC dropped ahead of the weekend.

The Duke of Sussex spoke candidly about his long-rumoured rift with the Royal Family, claiming his own father no longer speaks to him because of disagreements over his security entitlement in the UK - the subject of his highly publicised legal challenge.

Harry told the outlet that he ‘misses’ the UK, and feels ‘really quite sad’ that he won’t be able to show his kids - Archie, five, and Lilibet, three - his home.

Harry and Meghan in New York last month (Raymond Hall/GC Images)
Harry and Meghan in New York last month (Raymond Hall/GC Images)

Advert

“I can't see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point,” he said.

When Harry and wife Meghan decided to step down as working royals back in 2020, they saw their taxpayer-funded protection downgraded - a move he feels compromises his family’s safety.

After he lost his appeal last Friday (2 May), he told the BBC that he didn’t want to fight with his family anymore, and now has just one request for them.

“I would love reconciliation with my family,” Harry said, saying the dispute over security had ‘always been the sticking point’, but that there had been ‘so many disagreements’ over the years.

“There's no point continuing to fight any more, life is precious.

“I don’t know how much longer my father has. You know, he won’t speak to me because of this security stuff. But it would be nice to - it would be nice to reconcile.”

Harry spoke out about his long-rumoured rift with the Royal Family in a new interview last week (BBC)
Harry spoke out about his long-rumoured rift with the Royal Family in a new interview last week (BBC)

Harry continued: “But reconciliation can’t come without truth. Well, I’ve now found out the truth. I’ve shared some of it with you today. A lot of it exists out there, whether people choose to ignore it or not.

“So it would be nice to have that reconciliation part now. If they don’t want that, that’s entirely up to them.”

Elsewhere in the interview, he described his court defeat as a 'good old fashioned establishment stitch up', while blaming the Royal Household for influencing the decision to reduce his security.

When asked whether he had asked his father the King to intervene in the dispute over security, Harry responded: “I never asked him to intervene - I asked him to step out of the way and let the experts do their jobs.”

Choose your content:

5 hours ago
6 hours ago
7 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    British radio station issues apology after wrongly announcing King Charles III's death

    The Station Manager of Radio Caroline, Peter Moore, took to Facebook to issue a statement following the major blunder

    News
  • Charlotte Coney/Getty Images
    6 hours ago

    Father pays devastating tribute to three daughters who all died in Brighton beach incident

    The identities of the three women whose bodies were recovered from the sea off Brighton beach have been released

    News
  • Instagram/@meghan
    7 hours ago

    Heartwarming meaning behind Prince Harry's anniversary gift to Meghan Markle

    Meghan shared a rare family moment as their anniversary celebrations took an unexpected turn

    News
  • Gisela Schober/Getty Images
    9 hours ago

    Channel 4 boss says she is 'deeply sorry’ over MAFS UK rape allegations

    Priya Dogra, the chief executive of Channel 4, insisted welfare across the broadcaster is still 'hugely important'

    News
  • Prince William's love of Aston Villa could break 17-year royal tradition
  • Prince Harry gives surprising update on his Royal Family role
  • Heartwarming meaning behind Prince Harry's anniversary gift to Meghan Markle
  • Royal Family criticised for ‘creepy’ reaction to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry mockery video