To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Pregnant mum and two sons died following 'carbon monoxide leak'

Pregnant mum and two sons died following 'carbon monoxide leak'

Two GoFundMe pages have been launched to raise money for the family.

A pregnant mother and her two sons were found dead inside a camper at a Kansas motocross track this weekend after an apparent carbon monoxide leak.

In a press release shared on Facebook addressing the three deaths on Saturday (16 September), the McPherson County Sheriff’s Office said it had responded to a call at the Inman Motocross, Kansas.

The statement reads: ‘Members of the Inman Fire Dept. and McPherson EMS arrived on scene and made confirmation that the three people were deceased.”

The sheriff’s office is currently investigating the three deaths with the help of the Inman Police Department.

A mum and her two sons died in a suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Authorities did not officially identify the victims or the cause of death in the news release shared on Saturday.

They told People in a statement: “As of right now, our office is not releasing or confirming identities or cause of death until a preliminary report has been received from the coroner’s office.”

Tyla has reached out to Inman Police Department for comment.

However, a GoFundMe set up by a person close to the family said that the victims were a pregnant mother and her two children.

The description for the GoFundMe reads: “Today we received news that our dear family friend Jason Richey lost his wife and 2 children suddenly to carbon monoxide poisoning this morning. Jason and Felicia were also expecting a new little one.

"We are asking for your help with removing the stress from the family on the cost of arranging their 3 funerals and time away from work to grieve:”

Jason Richey lost his wife and two sons.

“All funds will go directly to Jason. If you can not support financially, please keep this family in your prayers and share with others. Funeral arrangements will be announced in the near future.”

Another family friend set up a GoFundMe with the description which says: “My family and I grew up with Jason Richey. He’s been a dear friend of ours for many years.

"Early this morning he lost his wife and two boys unexpectedly. This is a tragic loss for us all. I am making this account to help with funeral expenses.”

Richey, the husband and father of the victims, told KAKE that both GoFundMes were set up to help with finance funeral costs.

The Centre’s for Disease Control and Prevention’s website states carbon monoxide (CO) is a gas without colour or odour gas that can be lethal.

According to the NHS, symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include:

  • headache
  • dizziness
  • feeling sick or being sick
  • feeling weak
  • confusion
  • chest and muscle pain
  • shortness of breath
Featured Image Credit: Facebook/Jason Richey/GoFundMe

Topics: Life, News