• News
  • Life
  • TV & Film
  • Beauty
  • Style
  • Home
  • News
    • Celebrity
    • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Royal Family
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Documentaries
    • Netflix
    • BBC
    • ITV
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
    • Fashion
    • Shopping
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Father of toddler who died in boiling car shares heart-wrenching message after terrible incident

Home> News

Updated 11:37 30 Apr 2024 GMT+1Published 11:30 30 Apr 2024 GMT+1

Father of toddler who died in boiling car shares heart-wrenching message after terrible incident

He said 'nobody listened' to his warnings

Bec Oakes

Bec Oakes

Featured Image Credit: 7News

Topics: News, Crime, Parenting, Australia

Bec Oakes
Bec Oakes

Advert

Advert

Advert

Warning: This article contains descriptions of child abuse and neglect that some readers may find upsetting.

On November 23, 2019, Darcey-Helen Conley, aged two-and-a-half, and Chloe-Ann Conley, 18 months, died after being left alone in a hot car by their mother in Waterford West, south of Brisbane, Australia.

The car is reported to have reached a sweltering 61.5C, 7News reports.

Kerri-Ann Conley left the two youngsters in the vehicle after returning home from her friend’s house and taking methamphetamine.

Advert

Following her arrest, she pleaded guilty to two counts of manslaughter, and last year, Conley was sentenced to nine years in prison for her crimes.

She will be eligible for parole in November 2024.

And now, the father of Darcey-Helen said that 'nobody seemed to be listening' to his warnings, according to an inquest held on Tuesday (30 April) in Brisbane.

Mother Kerri-Ann Conley was sentenced to nine years in prison after her two daughters died in a boiling car (7News)
Mother Kerri-Ann Conley was sentenced to nine years in prison after her two daughters died in a boiling car (7News)

Advert

Peter Jackson claimed that he'd called the Queensland Department of Child Safety four to six times in the fortnight before the young girls died, the inquest said.

Jackson is suing the government in Queensland for personal damages he claimed to have suffered as a result of the girl's deaths.

"My concern [was] about the drug use around Darcey and Chloe," he said. "I also informed them of the [meth pipe and small clip seal bags] I found just walking through the house, the utter pigsty the house was in... to no avail. "Nobody seemed to be listening."

The current inquest will examine the adequacy of the response by the Department of Child Safety to concerns surrounding the girls' welfare leading up to their deaths.

Advert

Jackson recalled one of the first calls he'd allegedly made to Child Safety in late October 2019 following a text he'd received from Conley.

Darcey-Helen's father, Peter Jackson, claimed that he'd warned the Queensland Department of Child Safety multiple times prior to their death (7News)
Darcey-Helen's father, Peter Jackson, claimed that he'd warned the Queensland Department of Child Safety multiple times prior to their death (7News)

"I got Chloe in the car. Woke up at 2am. Left Chloe in the car. Oops," the message read.

"I responded to the effect of 'what the f***,'" he said "I was a little taken aback."

Advert

However, the department’s barrister, Timothy Ryan, questioned Jackson and asked if he was mistaken about making the alleged phone calls as Ryan said that the department didn't have any records of him making those calls.

Jackson claimed he'd made the call anonymously, but that he did use his own phone.

The inquest also heard how the children's grandmother, Deanne Power, had contacted Child Protective Services (CPS) a year before the incident that killed them.

"I said that [Darcey] was in danger living with her mother," she told the inquest. "I said Peter had a phone call from the daycare lady saying Darcey had no lunch."

Advert

She also claimed that before the children passed away, child safety workers were 'played a phone message in which Kerri-Ann admitted falling asleep on the couch and leaving Chloe-Ann in the car all night.'

  • Parents of teen who died by suicide sue OpenAI over death of their son
  • Victim of deadly lunch that left three dead noticed 'odd detail' before they died
  • Mark Wright's mother shares sweet message after Michelle Keegan gives birth to baby girl
  • Rihanna gave sons four-word message during A$AP Rocky’s court appearance

Choose your content:

3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • OceanGateOceanGate
    3 hours ago

    Billionaire planning trip to Titanic wreckage two years after Oceangate disaster

    A billionaire whose 'name you would recognise' is reportedly gearing up to journey to the Titanic wreckage

    News
  • Al Drago/Bloomberg via Getty ImagesAl Drago/Bloomberg via Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    People think the gold in Donald Trump’s new White House renovations might not be real

    One social media user claimed some of the objects were 'probably just spray-painted gold'

    News
  • Kenny Holston-Pool/Getty ImagesKenny Holston-Pool/Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Donald Trump has revoked Kamala Harris’ Secret Service protection

    The news comes despite former President Joe Biden quietly extending it before exiting office

    News
  • Scott Olson/Getty ImagesScott Olson/Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    JD Vance fuels outrage after 'disgraceful' driving act in an attempt to avoid protesters

    A video of the American Vice President's motorcade attempting to avoid protestors in Wisconsin is circulating online

    News