Advert

Latest

15 hours ago
Advert
15 hours ago
Advert

Most Popular

2 days ago
Advert

Dog Almost Dies After Eating 26 Golf Balls While On Walkies

Dog Almost Dies After Eating 26 Golf Balls While On Walkies

A dog was left needing a life-saving operation after swallowing a shocking 26 golf balls while out for walkies with his owner.

Neil Taylor, 50, regularly walks Alfie, his ten-year-old giant schnauzer, around the golf course near their home.

But little did he know, Alfie had been eating all the stray golf balls as they browsed the grounds.

Alfie had been munching on golf balls (Credit: SWNS)
Alfie had been munching on golf balls (Credit: SWNS)
Advert

They only found out about his unusual snacking habit after Alfie became unwell at his doggy day care - and then proceeded to throw up four golf balls in Neil's back yard.

After being rushed to the vet - and a few more vomited up golf balls later - an x-ray showed another 15 golf balls were stuck inside his stomach.

Vets operated and found another six hiding in his tummy, bringing the total up to 26.

The golf balls showed up during an x-ray (Credit: SWNS)
The golf balls showed up during an x-ray (Credit: SWNS)
Advert

It wasn't just golf balls the pup had been swallowing. They also removed rubber gloves, a ball of string and multiple pieces of wood from the hungry pooch's stomach.

Neil, from Westerhope, Newcastle, said: "When I came home he was passed out in the back garden, and he only came too when I carried him into the house.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
Life

Woman Mortified After Dog Steals Her Sex Toy

"I only have one dog and he's like my son. It was a huge relief when we were given the all clear by the vets."

The removed items (Credit: SWNS)
The removed items (Credit: SWNS)
Advert
Woman Almost Dies From Sepsis After Accidentally Leaving Tampon In For Five Days
Health

Woman Almost Dies From Sepsis After Accidentally Leaving Tampon In For Five Days

published at13 days ago

The operation took place on June 16th, and, luckily, Alfie was allowed back home two days later - although he incurred a £2,500 bill.

Neil has had Alfie since he was a puppy, so naturally, he was very concerned for the golf ball munching mutt.

Luckily, Alfie made a full recovery (Credit: SWNS)
Luckily, Alfie made a full recovery (Credit: SWNS)

"He has been recovering well from the operation," he said, giving an update on how the pooch is doing now. "It's lovely to have him acting like his normal, playful self again.

Advert

"We are currently in the middle of an insurance claim, and there is a likelihood we aren't covered for an incident like this.

"The vet bills are about £2,500, which we may now have to pay, but I'm not too bothered. If it means I get to keep my dog then I'm still a happy man."

All dog owners should be cautious of this!

Featured Image Credit: SWNS

Topics: Dog, Life News, Real, Life, Animals

Chosen for YouChosen for You

19 Year Old Girl Diagnosed With Stage Four Cancer After Putting Off Going To GP
published ata day ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Tasty

Maltesers Is Launching Chocolate Orange Bunnies

published at2 days ago
Film About Tornado Full Of Spiders Is Coming

Joanna Freedman

Joanna is a journalist at Tyla with a particular interest in highlighting women's issues and telling inspiring first person stories. She's also their resident foodie, and loves covering exciting new beauty launches, too. Contact her at [email protected]